CEAC says "Ready" but no emails received from GUZ

Hey, guys!

I just transferred from VJ to here cause our case was received by GUZ consulate two days ago. Here s where I am confused about:

Our case was expedited at NVC and NVC notified us (per a call) that they can no longer provide info on our case since our case has been sent to the consulate. And on CEAC, our case was received on May 5 and it changed from "in transit" to "ready". But we have not received ANY email from the consulate about an IV date or any instructions (P4?).

HOwever, I searched on VJ and found many members have received the famous P4 email on the same day as their case was received by the consulate.

SHould I be worried? I called CGI Stanley earlier and got the "robot" standard answer. We are doing EP. Does anyone know whats going on? Or How long do we still have to wait?

Thanks for your answers! We really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, the "robot standard answer" is what you get when there's nothing going on. They do seem to be moving slower these days, but I'm not sure by ow much. Maybe someone else will have more details for you.

Unfortunately, the "robot standard answer" is what you get when there's nothing going on. They do seem to be moving slower these days, but I'm not sure by ow much. Maybe someone else will have more details for you.

Thank u, Randy W, for the answer!

Our CEAC status changed to "Administrative processing" yesterday. As far as I understand from VJ, when this shows for the first time, it is an indication that they have opened my casefile and put in their system. I ve been compulsively checking all of our emails!!!! :)

It is a different situation for me here in the states, but when I had the NVC on the phone they did not have any of our emails on file, as the lady was looking. My gosh I sent in the forms and did stuff on line to ensure that I got email notifications. After giving it to her verbally I started getting them. So, maybe resubmit whatever form giving email info, if they have such a thing on the China side. Just a thought.

It is a different situation for me here in the states, but when I had the NVC on the phone they did not have any of our emails on file, as the lady was looking. My gosh I sent in the forms and did stuff on line to ensure that I got email notifications. After giving it to her verbally I started getting them. So, maybe resubmit whatever form giving email info, if they have such a thing on the China side. Just a thought.

It doesnt hurt to try! I ll submit an IV inquiry soon. See if it doesn anything at all!

Thanks!

Hey, Randy W! Another question, how serious is it when the consulate says "make sure you make the appointment AFTER receiving the emails from Consulate"? I m asking this because you know NVC, they scare you with statement like that and their emails are always delayed. I logged in CGI Stanley and today I can get into the appointment page now. Does this mean I can make an appointment already?

I'd love to wait, of course, if it's gonna delay our process. But I dont want to wait for a stupid email for nothing. Thoughts?

I've heard of people doing that and getting away with it - I've heard of others getting their appointment canceled automatically if they schedule too soon. My guess is it's best to wait until you're notified, especially with the "speed" they're moving at these days.

I've heard of people doing that and getting away with it - I've heard of others getting their appointment canceled automatically if they schedule too soon. My guess is it's best to wait until you're notified, especially with the "speed" they're moving at these days.

Thanks, Randy, for such a timely reply!

Actually, we have received the emails since yesterday noon! It went into our SPAM!!!!!!!! I found this out after midnight. Thats why I could get into the appointment page yesterday afternoon!

Made my app on May 27 and medical on May 13!!! Woohoo!!!!!! A year wait and prayers will finally come to an end!!!!!

SO, anyone waiting for the P4 email, pls make sure to check your spam!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Jaka,

First of all, congratulations on your visa approval! :) Very glad to find your posting.

My friend Tim is in a somewhat similar situation as yours. Tim petitioned his teenage stepson on IR2, and his case was approved for expedite while at NVC.

Tim's case was completed on May 16th, case file left NVC for Guangzhou on May 22nd. Tim said he doesn't remember when he saw "In Transit" at CEAC, but it was showing "Ready" yesterday (May 27th). He wrote Guangzhou using their contact webpage on May 24th (Saturday), and was surprised to get a reply yesterday (May 27th):

The case was electronically loaded by the National Visa Center (NVC), which allows us to open the case in our system. However, we still require all of the supporting physical documentation to process this case. Currently, the file is in transit from the NVC. Due to the long delay imposed by Chinese customs, the file could take up to four months or longer to reach the Consulate. Once we receive your file, we will begin processing the case immediately and will contact you with further instructions.

The whole idea of expedite is not have to wait a few months for an interview appointment.

Based on your "case expedited" experience, when do you think Tim will get his P4 email and be able to schedule for an interview? Hopefully Tim will see some movement this week because next week is a Chinese holiday?

How long did you case stay in "Ready", and what did you see after "Ready"? Any other information you can provide is greatly appreciated! :)

Jaka,

First of all, congratulations on your visa approval! :) Very glad to find your posting.

My friend Tim is in a somewhat similar situation as yours. Tim petitioned his teenage stepson on IR2, and his case was approved for expedite while at NVC.

Tim's case was completed on May 16th, case file left NVC for Guangzhou on May 22nd. Tim said he doesn't remember when he saw "In Transit" at CEAC, but it was showing "Ready" yesterday (May 27th). He wrote Guangzhou using their contact webpage on May 24th (Saturday), and was surprised to get a reply yesterday (May 27th):The case was electronically loaded by the National Visa Center (NVC), which allows us to open the case in our system. However, we still require all of the supporting physical documentation to process this case. Currently, the file is in transit from the NVC. Due to the long delay imposed by Chinese customs, the file could take up to four months or longer to reach the Consulate. Once we receive your file, we will begin processing the case immediately and will contact you with further instructions.

The whole idea of expedite is not have to wait a few months for an interview appointment.

Based on your "case expedited" experience, when do you think Tim will get his P4 email and be able to schedule for an interview? Hopefully Tim will see some movement this week because next week is a Chinese holiday?

How long did you case stay in "Ready", and what did you see after "Ready"? Any other information you can provide is greatly appreciated! :)

First of all, thank you!

My case stayed "ReADY" for like 4-5 days! Then it changed into "Adminitrative Processing" until today, it changed to " issued"!!! Only 24 hours after the interview! This was a sweet surprise!

Pls do kindly remind your friend Tim to check his spam! As far as I know, I am not the only person who received their P4 email in Their spam! Once I received the p4 email, I was able to schedule an interview. But I don't know if that is open to everyone or not...or the consulate will schedule a date for you and inform you in the P4 email. Someone else might be able to answer that. :)

JaKa,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

So looks like Tim has to wait a few more days before seeing "Administrative Processing" and getting his P4 email. Hope it'll come this Friday, otherwise the holidays next week will definitely add more delays.

I'll be sure to tell Tim to look in the Spam or Junk folder just in case.

By the way, are you picking up your passport in Guangzhou or in your home city? Hope you'll get your passport soon. :)

JaKa,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

So looks like Tim has to wait a few more days before seeing "Administrative Processing" and getting his P4 email. Hope it'll come this Friday, otherwise the holidays next week will definitely add more delays.

I'll be sure to tell Tim to look in the Spam or Junk folder just in case.

By the way, are you picking up your passport in Guangzhou or in your home city? Hope you'll get your passport soon. :)

I wasn't aware that my visa would be changed to "issued" that quickly. So I didn't even think about staying in GUZ to pick up my passport! I know, how dumb!! I was playing it safe, otherwise I would have my passport in hand already! But now just a few extra days.

:)

JaKa,

I'm glad your "playing it safe" decision benefits us by giving your time to answer our questions. Much appreciated! :)

So I got some more information from Tim. His CEAC status still says "Ready", and he said it also gives the following 2 dates:

Immigrant Visa Case Number: GUZ2014xxxxxx 01 GUZ
Case Creation Date: 17-Apr-2014
Status Updated Date: 27-May-2014

Do you know what "Case Creation Date" is?

I assume "Status Updated Date" is the first day the case went "Ready"?

We're still trying to guestimate when Tim's status will change to "Administrative Processing." Guangzhou consulate lists next Monday (June 2nd) as a holiday, so we're losing one work day next week.

Did you get a good look of the interviewing area at the consulate? Tim is thinking about accompanying his teenage stepson to the interview. Years ago when I petitioned for my wife's k-1 visa, I went into the IV interviewing area through the American Citizen Services to give her the delayed medical report, just about a minute before she was called to the interview window. I wrote about my experience at this forum.

I'm sure this new consulate is very different, so I can't give Tim any advise.

Back to the "Ready" status, I was wondering what your "case creation date" was, and how soon the consulate received your "physical case file" after NVC sent it?

I assume "Ready" means the day the consulate received the electronic version of the case file and "Administrative Processing" means the consulate received your "physical case file". If that's the case, it took about a week for the physical case file to be received? The is way better than the consulate's reply of "could take up to 4 months"

Tim went through NVC relatively quickly because his expedite was approved about 2 weeks after NVC received his file from the USCIS. He still waited about a month between USCIS sending out the file and getting his case number. But the expedite allowed him to send paper documents to "PI Supervisor" and were processed relatively quickly. Even with a checklist for I-864 (because he didn't know he couldn't send I-864EZ with I-864A although his income alone is sufficient but filing joint tax return with his wife means he had to send in an I-864), he cleared NVC in about 3 weeks from filling out DS-261 to getting case complete. All these done with USPS Priority Mail. He was told not to enroll in EP but to mail in the forms to the attention of "PI Supervisor."

I think the "Case Creation Date" is the date your case was processed at NVC. Mine is "12-Mar-2014" which matches the date when we were given our first case number (We were calling NVC about the case number).

Tim's expedited experience is much different from mine.

For us, both times, at USCIS or NVC, we waited and waited, to the point we couldn't, then we tried apply for expedite service. For NVC, we were done with our parts (sending documents, paying fees, and filling online forms) within 2 weeks without being expedited. Then we waited for a month for the ENROLL acceptance email and our packages to be processed. Unfortunately, at the time, EP was going very slowly, finally we had to apply expedite service. Then about another 3 weeks, our expedited request was approved. NVC immediately sent my case to the consulate without getting a case complete. But we were at the May Holiday, so the consulate received my case 3 days after our case was sent from NVC. My CEAC changed from " In Transit" to "Ready". Then 4 days later, i got the email.

When NVC sent our case file, we made sure that they were sending it electronically so we don't need to wait on the stupid customs wait times. Because before we expedited it, NVC had accepted our EP ENROLL and had all our scanned documents.

That's our experience, don't know if this could help us your friend Tim in any shape or form.

While I was in line, I did notice other American Citizens trying to go in accompanying their spouses, but failed or denied the entry before they went thru the security check. But considering Tim's son is a minor, he might get a different answer. I had not noticed anything like that happening that morning, so I can't give you an answer.

Hope all goes well for Tim and his son!