The Global Times Weighs in on 'Potty-Gate'

HK ‘skinheads’ insult whole of society

About 30 Hongkongers played up a disgusting farce on Sunday by bringing props that resemble excrement to the busy Harbour City in Hong Kong.

They parodied the 2-year-old mainland toddler who peed and defecated on a Hong Kong street last week, an incident that raised intense debate on the Internet.

. . .

Hong Kong returned to China not long ago, which means it is still a young member in this big Chinese family.

It is unavoidable that some troublemakers will keep posing challenges to society.

But it must be noted that these people cannot be dealt with at the cost of the harmony of the whole nation.

Patriotism demands this massive country should have a certain tolerance for frictions within different groups.

We need to fight back and overwhelm any forces that try to harm the integrity of the nation. But we also have to remember that a small group of saboteurs can never represent the whole of society.

Let's save the anger and fight only against these hooligans instead of a specific region.

. . . from the Shanghaiist

Piss Gate triggers mainland campaign calling for children to pee in Hong Kong's streets

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/katienelson/LET-Them-urinate.jpg

Ah, the important stuff!

I'm on the side of the parents. The little kid had to go and she held a diaper under it. One HK'er in particular took upon himself to physically restrain her (illegal I am sure) and he did not have the support of the crowd. As one of the articles said, if this had happened in Paris nobody would have raised an eyebrow (I think a poll on the streets of Parisians confirmed this).

I can understand that many in HK are wary of the sometimes uncouth big brother but, too me, it's gutless to make a toddler the whipping boy.

Greg

It's certainly not the toddler's fault. It's mama and baba that is at fault. I saw a 4-5 year old little girl with her butt stuck up in the air right on the sidewalk letting it all go.

One night the wife came to my hotel room after work and had dodo on her shoes and it weren't dog or cat dodo either. I could see then why she raised hell when I did not wear the little slippers that were provided for me in my room. Yes, unsanitary and spreads diseases. They will come into the 20th century soon I think.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)
  • Like 2