Methane Explosion in Wuhan

Diner beware: Methane is dangerous and volatile in an enclosed space. After a hearty meal of turnips, seaweed, and cat heads in your favorite local Chinese restaurant....NEVER, after your lower intestines have passed a cloud of particularly bad gas, try and light a stogie in your car with it's windows rolled up.

I remember the area around the old consulate in Guangzhou always smelled like a huge rotten flatulence, sort of like the smell your body produces after a long night of beer and seafood. I just took it to be the smell from the US Consulate seeping out of the gutter drains. I always ducked when I saw passer-by lighting a cigarette.

tsap seui

Flatulence safety coordinator

• Like 1

Diner beware: Methane is dangerous and volatile in an enclosed space. After a hearty meal of turnips, seaweed, and cat heads in your favorite local Chinese restaurant....NEVER, after your lower intestines have passed a cloud of particularly bad gas, try and light a stogie in your car with it's windows rolled up.

I remember the area around the old consulate in Guangzhou always smelled like a huge rotten flatulence, sort of like the smell your body produces after a long night of beer and seafood. I just took it to be the smell from the US Consulate seeping out of the gutter drains. I always ducked when I saw passer-by lighting a cigarette.

tsap seui

Flatulence safety coordinator

Lol.... Loved this.

Could be Stinky Tofu that you were smelling.

Loved this video, too. I have fond memories working around China on gas wells and a complete absence of safety protocols. I can't figure out what these guys are doing: even though methane is explosive between 5-20%, you still need a lot of oxygen down there to cause that explosion.

I've already passed this around ...

Greg