EMS THIS MORNING!

LiNing finally got her EMS letter this morning at 10:00AM (Sunday). She got the Monday to Thursday letter. She is at the travel agent right now getting tickets to GuangZhou for tomorrow. She is taking her daughter and their passports. She will be at the consulate Tuesday morning, hopefully they will not close early for Christmas Eve and they will get the visas the same day. On Thursday it will be 1 year since we applied. Her interview was August 28.

:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :) :o

Congratulations! You will be together this year if she can book a ticket.

:rolleyes:

Hopefully they will be here by year end. If they arrive in the U S this year it will save us $7000 in taxes! But the important thing is that she will be here. She has had her bags packed for a year. I am so nervous that I can't sleep. :rolleyes:

Congratulations! You will be together this year if she can book a ticket.

:rolleyes:

Hopefully they will be here by year end. If they arrive in the U S this year it will save us $7000 in taxes! But the important thing is that she will be here. She has had her bags packed for a year. I am so nervous that I can't sleep. :o

You may ask her to book the ticket. Because it is very hard to get a ticket now. I guess they are ready to come even months ago, just waiting for the visas.

I am very happy for you. :rolleyes:

My wife will be at GZ Monday to pick up her visa. I have already confirmed with a Consular Officer that the Consulate will only be open half a day on Tuesday. My wife's instructions (via e-mail, since she never received the EMS letter) are that visas are picked up M - Th, and only at 4:30 pm. I don't know if that is the same times as shown on the EMS letter, but if it is, visas will not be issued on Tuesday. Your fiancee should plan on staying in GZ past Christmas, and pick up her visa on Thursday.

Owen,

Responding to your response:

"Without the pick-up letter will the Chinese guards let her in the gate? They have gotten really sensitive about it here in Shenyang. They now will not even let people wait on the same side of the street as the consulate. With no evidence that they have business there, they are usually chased off."

I was assured by a Consular Officer that my wife did not need the EMS letter (which she never did receive because of a foul up at GZIV [she received her security clearance on December 6]), but that his e-mail to me, which I forwarded to my wife before she left for GZ, was sufficient.

I have since spoken to my wife at noon China time on Monday, and she said that she received the white receipt letter that allows her to pick up he visa at 4:30 pm.