Sorry...stupid question but on the Chinese visa application for myself it asks where the passport was issued. Would this just be USA or does it have to be specifric?

Also it asks who the inviter is in China. Since my wife lives here most of the time but travels back to China for a few months each year, and has a residence there I assume it still can't be her? If so her parents?

Sorry.

Thanks!

Marc

Sorry...stupid question but on the Chinese visa application for myself it asks where the passport was issued. Would this just be USA or does it have to be specifric?

Also it asks who the inviter is in China. Since my wife lives here most of the time but travels back to China for a few months each year, and has a residence there I assume it still can't be her? If so her parents?

Sorry.

Thanks!

Marc

Look in the passport itself - it is labeled 'Authority'

Some have reported that the inviter must be physically located in China - it's not clear if that's required by the consulate, or if it's imposed by a specific visa service. Depending on how convenient or inconvenient it is to get an invitation from her parents, you might try either way. It seems to me that a letter from the wife, along with a copy of her Chinese ID, green card, and your marriage certificate would suffice, but you're at the mercy of whoever accepts your application there.

Whoops...sorry again...it's asking "Have you ever been granted a Chinese visa? If applicable, please

specify the date and place of the last time you were granted the visa."

I have the date...but the place?

Only YOU can answer that question - what do you KNOW ??!?

(or even THINK you know for that matter).

For example, China consulate USA if you can't get any more specific

As for place you last applied for a visa, if in person that would be the Chinese Consulate that covers your state: Chicago covers Wisconsin OR if you used a mail in service, then it probably would be consulate near where the service is located, for example Oasis is located in Washington DC so would use the Chinese Embassy located there.

https://www.oasischinavisa.com/ (Washington)

http://www.mychinavisa.com/index.php (They have offices near the various Chinese Consulates, so probably would depend on which location you sent passport to the last time)

Whoops...sorry again...it's asking "Have you ever been granted a Chinese visa? If applicable, please

Sounds sort of like a cut down to me?? I would think that for someone in your 'position' on this site that you'd be a little more careful in how you word your responses. All I did was ask a question. I thought that was what this site was all about. Help. But thanks Dan for your help.

Sounds sort of like a cut down to me?? I would think that for someone in your 'position' on this site that you'd be a little more careful in how you word your responses. All I did was ask a question. I thought that was what this site was all about. Help. But thanks Dan for your help.

Didn't mean it as one - simply put what you know, or can easily determine. I doubt it will make any difference.

Yes, sometimes wording in a response can make a difference in how it's interpreted - sorry about that. I try to re-read my post before I click 'Post', but if I'm still thinking the same thing as when I typed it, I may not think it all the way through.

Marc at times your questions seem simple but I had the same I had some of the same questions when I did mine the last time. There is no samples of how to answer the questions. I went with what I thought was best but then again I wanted to make sure that the app didn't get rejected. Once I went to the consulate at the last moment and found out that they didn't like the number of pages ( unused) that I had left in my passport. I postpone my trip. I find that using oasischinavisa was the way to go for me. How close are you to an embassy/consulate? I am about 100 miles away. It is simpler and easier for me. Have a great trip. Danb