Your Speech and Where you Live

Guest ExChinaExpat

Guest ExChinaExpat

Here is an interesting quiz in which you answer several questions about how you pronounce and use words. After you complete the 25 questions, you will be presented a map indicating the approximate area of the US you live. Mine came out pretty close showing: Denver, Albuquerque, and Irving TX. That's pretty close as I lived several years in Denver during my youth.

The Quiz

Edited by GuangDongExpat (see edit history)

It sez I am defi-snottly NOT a gal'dern yankee. And, that I really don't tawk like other folks from Pennsyltucky.

Reckon that's why I often have people around cheer askin' me ware I'm frum. Them fellas think I am from Macon, Gawga or Birmingham, Alabama. I wuz borned in Chaw-lotte, Norf Cara-lina

tsap seui

It sez I am defi-snottly NOT a gal'dern yankee. And, that I really don't tawk like other folks from Pennsyltucky.

Reckon that's why I often have people around cheer askin' me ware I'm frum. Them fellas think I am from Macon, Gawga or Birmingham, Alabama. I wuz borned in Chaw-lotte, Norf Cara-lina

tsap seui

Man, THAT is sooo funny!! :roller:

Like cuzin' tsapper, them fellers figgered out most ricky tick that I ain't no blue belly. They sez I was from either Montgomery, Alabamer, Columbus, Gawja, or Jackson, Mississippi. I wuz borned in Huntsville, Alabamer, growed up in Florider, and now I lives in Tennerbama. I guess I tawk more like uh redneck than I figgered I did.

I was born and raised in Idaho and have lived in western Oregon for the last 30 years. When I took this the other day It said I talk most like I am from Salt Lake City, Fresno or Long Beach. I took it again just now and some of the questions were different. Now it says Salt Lake City, Fresno and Seattle.