Basic - but essential - Question re: DCF procedures

First, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Andelu!

May all our immigration journeys end so happily.

Now my question.

I have scheduled an appointment to file the I-130 petition paperwork on behalf of my husband later this month in Beijing. I also have a job offer in San Francisco and we have already rented a place there.

Since DCF depends on us both being in Beijing, will it be a factor if, during our immigration visa application process, I relocate prior to my husband's appointment in GUZ?

We are both on the lease of our Beijing apartment (have been for six years) and are currently paid through March 2014 on rent; my residence / work permit is good through fall 2014 etc., so there is a paper trail for my being rooted here, but I may need to start the new job a few weeks prior to hubz completing the interview process. Trying to get all the various timetables to align so we can start our new life asap.

Thanks for all your help,

David

First, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Andelu!

May all our immigration journeys end so happily.

Now my question.

I have scheduled an appointment to file the I-130 petition paperwork on behalf of my husband later this month in Beijing. I also have a job offer in San Francisco and we have already rented a place there.

Since DCF depends on us both being in Beijing, will it be a factor if, during our immigration visa application process, I relocate prior to my husband's appointment in GUZ?

We are both on the lease of our Beijing apartment (have been for six years) and are currently paid through March 2014 on rent; my residence / work permit is good through fall 2014 etc., so there is a paper trail for my being rooted here, but I may need to start the new job a few weeks prior to hubz completing the interview process. Trying to get all the various timetables to align so we can start our new life asap.

Thanks for all your help,

David

Why, YES! The timing couldn't be better! You have the residence issues covered with your current situation. With your move to the U.S., that will cover the U.S. domicile issues needed for his visa in time for the interview.

The residence in China issues simply allow you to FILE through the consulate. They are a factor ONLY on the day you file, then are no longer relevant.

The U.S. domicile issues are what is relevant to his application - a good job and a place to live cover that issue for you.

With these plans, you have those two issues covered as well as anyone I've seen here.