I-129F got approved

Hi guys, my fiancé just receive the letter from the Guangzhou consulate. It instruct her to mail in the ds160 confirmation and copy of her passport and 2 photograph. May I know the estimate time from this step to her getting an interview to k1 visa. I am in china at the moment as I hope to go to the interview with her. I am trying to plan my stay here depending on how long it takes.

Thanks !!

There is no estimate now that the consulate uses US-Travel Docs as part of the process, once the fee is paid, your fiancee then picks a convenient interview date and time, not the consulate.

The letter should direct her to go here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com

From what I have been seeing this is the procedure:

• Receive letter from consulate:
  • Fill out DS-160 on line: https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx
  • Setup an account on US Travel Docs site.
  • Fill in additional data on the travel docs site, and get a CGI Number
  • Visit CITIC bank and pay visa fee using the CGI Number
  • CITIC bank may provide document services to send requested documents to consulate.

(From posts on this it is unclear if CITIC does this or beneficiary sends packet to consulate.)

• Once fee is paid, return to US Travel Docs site, and enter the fee receipt number and then pick interview date and time.

(This allows more flexibility so if you want to be there, the both of you can plan when the interview happens, the consulate no longer sets the date.)

Our process in the fall (Oct 2013) was the visa fee was paid at the Consulate not at CITIC bank. Several other posts have confirmed this recently as well so you may want to be prepared to pay at the Consuate with Cash or USD credit card.

Were you doing a K-1 fiancée visa or CR-1 spouse visa?

From my understanding, immigrant visas CR-1 IR-1 etc pay fee either to NVC or consulate, however non-immigrant visas such as B-2, K-1 etc pay the visa fee at CITIC bank.

Thanks for all the replies. I wasn't direct to the us travel website in the letter. Was only

Told to mail in 160

Confirmation and 2 photo and a copy of passport. I guess I will wait to hear back from them. If it gets close to my 60 day stay limit in china, I"ll just have to take a short trip to somewhere in SE Asia and come back. :D

Hi guys! Good news. Receive email form Guangzhou telling me to register on that us travel site and schedule appointment through cgi. It says to have medical and show up with the report. Now will I be doing this on my own or will there be instructions on the us travel site . Is there a specific hospital to go to in Guangzhou for this. Thanks!

K-1 is a hybrid visa, it is an non-immigrant visa with immigrant intent. The consulate and CGI site treat it as Immigrant visa.

Guys I am on the CGI website . There is a step where i am told to select a document delivery address.

Do I go with Guangzhou and just pick one of the options that's available in Guangzhou city within the tianhe district

Thanks!

The expedited locations for document drop-off are listed here - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-loc-documentdropoff.asp I EXPECT that these locations would also offer better service for the passport pick-up as well - one of them is in Guangzhou, so you may wish to go with that.

Hopefully, someone will come along with tips from their personal experience.

But it's basically your choice as to where to have the passport delivered.

Hi guys,

I am preparing the documents for my fiancé interview. On her K visa instruction packet it says to fill out part1 of the ds230, two copies of ds156 and the ds156k and 2 copies of the ds157.

However I went to travel.state.gov website and it says from October 8 onwards the ds160 replaces the 156/156k and 230.

And since I have already filled out the 160 with confirmation does that means all I need is 2 copies of the ds157

Hi guys,

I am preparing the documents for my fiancé interview. On her K visa instruction packet it says to fill out part1 of the ds230, two copies of ds156 and the ds156k and 2 copies of the ds157.

However I went to travel.state.gov website and it says from October 8 onwards the ds160 replaces the 156/156k and 230.

And since I have already filled out the 160 with confirmation does that means all I need is 2 copies of the ds157

The forms are listed here - http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/forms.html. Notice that the DS-230 is listed under immigrant visas, and not under immigrant visas

The K-1 processing is considered non-immigrant at this point since it does not include the green card processing. Part I of the DS-230 was formerly necessary for the K-1 processing, but I assume that that information has been incorporated into the new DS-160

This statement on the DS-260 is from the U.S. Swedish Embassy (I don't see a similar statement from the Chinese embassies) - http://sweden.usembassy.gov/consulate/i_visa_index/ds-260-online-immigrant-visa-application.html