I-129F got approved

Hi there
My fiances I-129F got approved. I received the I-797 notice of action letter. On it, I was told to take that to the consulate in chengdu to complete the visa process. But I did some research online and called the chengdu consulate, I was told all fiancé visa are being process in Guangzhou. Is that right. What is my next course of action. Should I wait for p3? I tried calling everywhere for info but the people on the phone don't seems very clear. Will I be receiving p3 here in the United States or will my fiancé receive it in china? I read somewhere online that the NVS don't mail to foreign address. So should I start downloading the p3 forms and mail that to Guangzhou or should I wait. My I-129F was filed on October 18 and it got approved November 18. Thanks a lot!!!!

This is what happens next:

• USCIS will forward the approved petition to NVC
  • NVC does some processes that you will not have any interaction. (You can give it a week or so and can contact NVC at (202) 485-7600 and see if they have sent the case on to Guangzhou, they should also give you the GUZ case number which you can later use to get info from the consulate.)
  • NVC will send the petition to the correct consulate in Guangzhou even though the approval letter is wrong.
  • US Consulate Guangzhou will contact your fiancee with the next steps directing her to go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Forgot to add, now is the time to prepare your I-134 affidavit of support.

Attach copy of past three years tax returns or transcripts, some recent pay stubs going back at least 6 months, and a letter from employer about your job.

I quit my job recently, will that be a problem. I can show I have about 100k cash in the bank. Will that be enough

Thanks!!!

The consulate can still demand a joint sponsor, they may want to see that the cash has been in that account for a while, and is not being loaned to you till your fiancee arrives and adjusts status upon which you return the cash.

But yes assets = 1/3 income, so 100K = 33K income level.

I quit my job recently, will that be a problem. I can show I have about 100k cash in the bank. Will that be enough

Thanks!!!

The consulate can still demand a joint sponsor, they may want to see that the cash has been in that account for a while, and is not being loaned to you till your fiancee arrives and adjusts status upon which you return the cash.

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

It's up to them, of course, but without a job, you most likely WILL need a co-sponsor, unless you can show an active job search.

• 1 month later...

hi guys! good news! so i got a letter telling me to go file the ds160 online for my fiance. I submitted my application online and few days later i got an email from the guangzhou consulate telling me to give them the mailing address and phone number of my fiance so that they can send her the notice. Is this the interview notice?

For the I-134 addifavit of support form, do i prepare it and give it to my fiance and have her bring it to the interview?

So at this point do i just sit tight and wait for the guangzhou consulate to contact my fiance.

Thanks!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

The consulate will send notice instructing what documents will be needed for interview and will direct to US Travel documents CGI Stanley web site to arrange payment, and set interview date after paying the visa fee to CITIC bank.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/

Yes, send your and your joint sponsor's I-134 over to your fiancée, they will need to be presented at the interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, my fiancé just receive the letter from the Guangzhou consulate. It instruct her to mail in the ds160 confirmation and copy of her passport and 2 photograph. May I know the estimate time from this step to her getting an interview to k1 visa. I am in china at the moment as I hope to go to the interview with her. I am trying to plan my stay here depending on how long it takes.

Thanks !!