Home loan in China

My wife's parent's home is being torn down next year and they have to buy a new home. Li's father is 63 and cannot get another loan. My wife said he is too old to get a loan. He has a 2nd home loan in another city for investment. They said Li can sign a guarantee and they can get the loan. Can these papers be emailed to her and be FedEx back?

My wife's parent's home is being torn down next year and they have to buy a new home. Li's father is 63 and cannot get another loan. My wife said he is too old to get a loan. He has a 2nd home loan in another city for investment. They said Li can sign a guarantee and they can get the loan. Can these papers be emailed to her and be FedEx back?

You need to find out if they require any notarization or signature authentication. If so, you may need to work with the Chinese consulate on that.

When we sold our home in the U.S., Jiaying was already in China. She had to travel to the American consulate to get a power of attorney form notarized.

If FedEx delivers to their home town, that's fine, but EMS is delivered by China Post (China's postal service) anywhere in the country (with door-to-door tracking). Ask for EMI (Express Mail International) at the U.S. end.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)