A# missing a zero

Hi All,

Wife and I went up to St. Paul for an InfoPass to get the I-551 stamp on her passport since the 10 year green card hasn't gone though and probably won't before we go over to China in Jan. 2014. Officer was a little surprised that we didn't have a receipt paper for the 751 we sent in, but only got the biometrics appointment letter. He just calmly said though, "Maybe it got lost in the mail." and went forward. Stamped the passport, but today, my wife sees that while her A# is A08...... the officer wrote A8..... leaving out the 0. How critical is this? I sort of thought that it might not be that critical but she's worrying. Any thoughts?

Thanks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

So basically your thoughts are that it's not going to create any issues. I just want to be sure that as she comes through customs that they don't just say, "Your A# on the passport stamp doesn't match your green card!" and deny her entrance.

So basically your thoughts are that it's not going to create any issues. I just want to be sure that as she comes through customs that they don't just say, "Your A# on the passport stamp doesn't match your green card!" and deny her entrance.

She has a passport with the original visa and the I-551 stamp - that's all the documentation she needs to enter the country.

If they have any trouble finding her in their computer because of the mistake, having it written down will save any trouble of explaining it to them.

You COULD make another InfoPass appt. to void that one and get a new stamp, if you feel like the trip is worth it.

Should be no trouble, Passport will allow travel to China, the I-551 stamp even missing a digit will allow exit from china (Simply show the I-551 stamp, and the expired card they can clearly see is the same number). Passport and I-551 stamp will allow re-entry to the USA, and again showing the expired card along with the passport stamp should allow re-entry.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.