Passport Question

Hey All,

So my baby's new US Passport has arrived because the old one got washed. The old one had a Chinese Visa that is still good until Sept 2014. The Visa still looks in very good shape. So I have the old and new passport. Do I need to still apply for a new Chinese Visa even if I have the old Passport with the Chinese Visa still intact?

Thanks,

Vinny

Yes Randy the old passport looks like is Voided. They punched a hole through it. I do have another question. My Wife is still using her Chinese Passport to go back to China. Her Passport did go through the washer but looks overall in good condition. Will she have a problem in the USA? She said she will fix her Passport when she gets back to China.

Thanks

Yes Randy the old passport looks like is Voided. They punched a hole through it. I do have another question. My Wife is still using her Chinese Passport to go back to China. Her Passport did go through the washer but looks overall in good condition. Will she have a problem in the USA? She said she will fix her Passport when she gets back to China.

Thanks

Sounds like they're pretty well covered then - that there's not much more you can be doing. It's more-or-less of a judgement call on the part of the Immigrations Officer when she uses it.

Thanks

Chinese Passport should be fine for leaving the USA and return to China, her green-card and new passport once she replaces it while visiting China should be fine for the return trip to the USA.

Last time my wife went to China she replaced her passport while over there, and had no issues returning to the states with the new passport.

Should be fine as is.