Router and modem

warpedbored

Be sure and unplug your wireless router once each day. This will keep your speed at its peak.

Never heard of that one, and I am an IT professional and manage several networks.

Be sure and unplug your wireless router once each day. This will keep your speed at its peak.

Never heard of that one, and I am an IT professional and manage several networks.

Yep! Same here.

Never heard of that one.

If anything you could purge your browser cache every now and then.

If I go through 2 or 3 days without unpluging my router, my speed slows to 1.5. As soon as it boot up then it is full speed at 25. Happens every time.

I have a couple of those myself. In fact, they used to just occasionally quit functioning entirely under a load from multiple computers.

Best thing to do is to just unplug them - once.

I work in IT network (cisco 4510, 6513 and nexus) and we never flip the switch, but I may I have an answer to it. I believe tech support told you to power off and on because tech support wants to make sure the unit is power up. they make up an answer just to make sure the device is on. its the same thing where they tell you take the patch cable of one end and unplugged it and plugged it to the other end and do the same for the other end. the reason is to make sure that patch cable is 100% connected. my friend told me she is a tech support at Verizon dsl for home.

If I go through 2 or 3 days without unpluging my router, my speed slows to 1.5. As soon as it boot up then it is full speed at 25. Happens every time.

One possibility is DSL, I use to have DSL over a noisy phone line, it would need the occasional reboot to get speed back due to re-syncing the modem to overcome the noise on the line.

I ended getting a Zoom 5341 modem and a Belkin N600 dual band router. My download speed is up to a little over 18 mbps but my upload speed decreased to about 1.6

You may need to tell your provider you changed to docsis3.

I think they provision the protocol, but not certain.

I did, They had to MAC address numbers off of the modem.