Amtrak Trip - Chicago to Leavenworth WA

hankster

Lily and I had a great trip back in June-July. My daughter had recently moved to Leavenworth WA so

After Wikipedia told me that she lived on the Amtrak Route, and me being a train buff, we decided to book a Roomette on Amtrak's "Empire Builder".

Flew from Knoxville to Chicago Ohare and then took the Blue Line "L" from Ohare to Union Station .

Had enough time to walk the area around Union Station and the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) before boarding.

Great train Trip, Great Scenerey through Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and Washington.

Most memorable was having Dinner in the dining car with a couple from Australia as we were rolling through Glacier National Park.

43 hours later rolled in to Leavenworth where daughter and son in law were waiting to pick us up. Toured the Leavenworth - Wenatchee area and the Cascades. Beautiful Country

after our stay in the Leavenworth - Wenatchee WA area, our son James drove over from UW- Seattle picked us up, and we stayed with him a few days and toured the Seattle and Vancouver areas.

Also a beautiful place.

Flew back to Knoxville from Seattle. Not as much fun or as scenic as the train, but a whole lot quicker.

Edit: Spelling

gallery_2526_671_268674.jpg

gallery_2526_671_457685.jpg

Edited by hankster (see edit history)

My wife and I were just looking at the Amtrak Travel book. Rochester NY is on the Major line from NYC and Boston to Chicago, we have take the runs from ROC to NYC a couple times, no we need to try it going west to Chicago, and beyond.

Glad you had a good time.

• Like 1