Yes good Luck to Bob and to you Mike as well.

Larry

Thanks Larry.

Though Bob has a long road to travel down.

He will be fine IMO.

All things work out in the end.

As for me?

Not a chance my friend, I'm married to a chinese woman and she has a BIG mop!!

I'll never go that road again and as god is my witness may lighting strike me dead.

The thought of falling off the wagen will never happen.

I'm happy right where i'm at.

Bob will follow very soon.

Yes good Luck to Bob and to you Mike as well.

Larry

Thanks Larry.

Though Bob has a long road to travel down.

He will be fine IMO.

All things work out in the end.

As for me?

Not a chance my friend, I'm married to a chinese woman and she has a BIG mop!!

I'll never go that road again and as god is my witness may lighting strike me dead.

The thought of falling off the wagen will never happen.

I'm happy right where i'm at.

Bob will follow very soon.

God bless the two of you.

Larry

Great news Mike. Good luck to Bob.

Being a one day at a time kinda guy....afraid to speak in terms of years...I have exactly 10,341 one day at a times (if I make it through today). Never was easy and I'd be stoopider than hell to rest now. Some of us just don't have the option to take a drug or a drink. Let's hope Bob is on the start of a great life.

I live in Ohio also. Last week a friend of mine recieved his 4th DUI. He is in a fix now. His lawyer told him he could get 2-5 years in the Penn because of this DUI Mandatory sentencing. If this is the case your friend may have along wait.

Hey buddy long time no talk!

I talk to Bob again today and asks him how he got off so easy (so to say) it boils down to the lawyer and how much he will fight for him.

Bob already did his Jail time and was reduced to only 5 days WTF!!!

He is now on house arrest for 4-5 weeks and has a tracking bracelet on his ankle for the same amount of time.

As long as he continues his AA meeting and shows up on time he SHOULD?? be a free man by new years day.

BUT! he will have (I'm sure you have seen them) Party plates on his car for 2 years.

Bottom line: Make sure your friend has a very good lawyer and go from there.

Mike

BTW: What part of Ohio you in?

Send me a PM

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Great news Mike. Good luck to Bob.

Being a one day at a time kinda guy....afraid to speak in terms of years...I have exactly 10,341 one day at a times (if I make it through today). Never was easy and I'd be stoopider than hell to rest now. Some of us just don't have the option to take a drug or a drink. Let's hope Bob is on the start of a great life.

Well buddy ya got me beat by 15+/- years.

Good for you/us

Like ya said, one day at a time.

That brings new meaning to ones life each and every day when we wake up in the morning.

WOW! I'm still here and alive, Then we go about our business for that day and in the end we thank god for another day on this planet.

Then we start the process all over again the next day.

One day at a time.

Life is too short to make this part of your world. ...unless you love the guy...and I'm talking about you, not the sister-in-law.

I'd suggest an ankle cuff, a little rope, a lead weight, and bridge...it'd be more humane for both you, yours, and Bob the drunk.

Is this guy a relative or your best friend?

Life is too short to make this part of your world. ...unless you love the guy...and I'm talking about you, not the sister-in-law.

I'd suggest an ankle cuff, a little rope, a lead weight, and bridge...it'd be more humane for both you, yours, and Bob the drunk.

Is this guy a relative or your best friend?

:rotfl: What a novel approach Griz.

Hmmm, with an approach like that though, a lot of highly successful people both here on Candle and in the rest of the US would have been thrown off bridges handcuffed to a boat anchor way before they ever hit their bottom and saw the light leading them to recovery.....just sayin'. Then again, it is a throw away society we do live in. I take it you are one of those lucky guys that can, and does, interrupt social drinking as not where you wind up laying on the floor of the bar, underneath a table, lying in your own puke. Oh to be that lucky. :victory:

tsap seui