Hello everyone! me and my wife are approaching the 90 day window for our 2 year anniversary in the USA, and we are preparing to file the i-751 to remove conditions. I noticed it says to include evidence of a relationship, and the instructions look exactly the same as the first ones we did when we first started this process almost 3 years ago. Is the evidence as important in this step as the first time? Should I pack all the same stuff I had in there before, plus more?

Also, I called them up and they told me after I send it they would send a receipt, which my wife is to use until the new green card comes, is this receipt good enough for renewing a drivers licenses? When my wife got her licenses they made it expire on the date on her green card, she drives to school and i'm concerned this will be an issue. After she removes her conditions, when can she begin to apply for citzenship?

Thanks,

I just sent in the I-751 for my wife. The big difference between the I-751 and the I-130 is typically with the I-751 you need to show co-mingling of finances and they want to see documentation representing the entirety of the last two years.

This is from http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

1. A deed, showing co-ownership of your property or a lease agreement with both of your names on the lease.
  2. Utility bills, credit card bills, and other types of bills which have both of your names on them. Since many utilities will only put a bill in one person's name, some bills in one name and other bills at the same address but in the other spouse's name serve the same purpose: showing your financial & social lives intermingled.
  3. Copies of actual credit cards, health insurance cards, or other "joint" cards that you have together, showing same account number.
  4. Car, health, or life insurance that has both of your names on the policy or the other spouse listed as the beneficiary.
  5. 401K or other retirement plan with spouse listed as beneficiary (right to survivorship is the technical term)
  6. Bank or stock accounts with both of your names on them.
  7. A copy of your joint tax returns. Tax transcripts from the IRS are still the preferred method.
  8. A car title or other titles to property showing joint ownership with your spouse.
  9. Birth certificate of any children that have been born to your marriage.
  10. Documentation of any vacations that you have taken, including flight itineraries, hotel bills, pictures of you together on vacation.
  11. Other family pictures of you together.
  12. Documentary proof showing evidence of your children together (Copy of Birth Certificate, photos, etc)
  13. Copies of Christmas cards and other holiday cards addressed to you both

My wife is in the same situation concerning her driver's license. The letter they send will extend her green card one year and my wife will use it to extend her driver's license plus she will need to give a copy to her school to show she remains eligible to attend school in the US. Right now it looks like I-751's are being approved in about 5-6 months. My wife will then have to go back to the MVD to extend her driver's license for the full 10 years. (As a US citizen, my Arizona driver's license expires when I am 65).

Your wife is eligible for citizenship three years from the date of her original green card. Like the I-751, the window opens 90 days before then

They are mainly interested in seeing that the marriage is still bonafide. They like to see a pattern of ongoing life together. bank statements in both names from the beginning of the marriage up to now, property in both names., Credit cards, statements from friends etc.. In short anything and everything that shows your life together from then up to now.

Yes if you move you need to file an AR-11 and I-865.

The AR-11 will update address of the pending removal of conditions.

Note any time you move these need to be filed.

• Like 1

When my wife was flying back home last night, the TSA officer told her she should renew her driver's license as it was about to expire. She told him, yes she knows :-) Good thing license renewals are about $6.

When my wife was flying back home last night, the TSA officer told her she should renew her driver's license as it was about to expire. She told him, yes she knows :-) Good thing license renewals are about $6.

Way different than NY state, the fee for a CDL is $164.50 for 8 years, tack on and additional $15 if live in NYC, normal license is $64.50 for 8 years, and add $15 if live in NYC

Was wondering if ChunMei's dental and medical billing statements and/or insurance EOB's would also be considered evidence of a valid marriage.

Yes, it shows that you are supporting your spouse.

Thanks Randy!

One other question: Since we DCF'd we never dealt with the Stateside Service Centers. The Reference number on the letter is not recognized on the USCIS Case Status website. It starts with one of the three letters mentioned so I am pretty sure I have the right number. I somewhat recall there being a lag before the Web Site will accept the number, how long does that typically take?