About to embark on the long journey of k1

Everything looks rather straightforward and her going to the US and returning to China each time shows her intent has not been misplaced.

I might only steer clear of your meeting each other as sounding like it was friends 'match-making' for you. I have seen a few cases where a Chinese-turned-USC then meets a chinese lady through family or friends, and they have a tougher time with the visa.

I think with your long time in the US that it should not be an issue but just means to keep the main focus of any letters on the two of you and the bond you share.

Oh interesting. I didn't know that would be a problem... We did meet at a get together through mutual friends but it definitely wasn't matchmaking. Is there anyway to make it know to the people reading our package that it wasn't matchmaking?

Everything looks rather straightforward and her going to the US and returning to China each time shows her intent has not been misplaced.

I might only steer clear of your meeting each other as sounding like it was friends 'match-making' for you. I have seen a few cases where a Chinese-turned-USC then meets a chinese lady through family or friends, and they have a tougher time with the visa.

I think with your long time in the US that it should not be an issue but just means to keep the main focus of any letters on the two of you and the bond you share.

Oh interesting. I didn't know that would be a problem... We did meet at a get together through mutual friends but it definitely wasn't matchmaking. Is there anyway to make it know to the people reading our package that it wasn't matchmaking?

When you write an evolution of relationship letter, you draw your own picture. Dave is simply suggesting that you try to avoid making it sound like it was an arranged encounter. It's not necessarily a problem.

• Like 1

When you write an evolution of relationship letter, you draw your own picture. Dave is simply suggesting that you try to avoid making it sound like it was an arranged encounter. It's not necessarily a problem.

Got it. Thanks Randy. I wrote the evolution of love letter last night and I'm pretty sure they'll be able to tell it wasn't arranged, it just happened. Thanks for all the help guys. I'm waiting for her signed documents and then i can send it out. Really nervous... haha

Yes, as Randy clarified... not necessarily a problem... but in some cases I've seen this common thread and one doesn't realize it till it's too late. Just keep the focus your relationship and no need to try and call something out that was not the case; then they might wonder why point that out.

The same thing occurred to me, where this can be an issue is where she has family or friends in the US, often with a pre-existing business, where there may be the appearance that she wants a green card so she can come over and work. Thinking like an Immigration Officer, there are cases where there are arrangements where people are paid to get married to secure a green card. They perceive this as more likely if both sides are Chinese, fair or unfair.

The same thing occurred to me, where this can be an issue is where she has family or friends in the US, often with a pre-existing business, where there may be the appearance that she wants a green card so she can come over and work. Thinking like an Immigration Officer, there are cases where there are arrangements where people are paid to get married to secure a green card. They perceive this as more likely if both sides are Chinese, fair or unfair.

Oh wow I would never have guessed being a chinese turned usc could actually hurt our chances. However, I think my evolution letter made it pretty clear that we just ran into each other, and nothing was pre-planned. I just very briefly stated that we were at a 20 something people dinner party and just run into each other. Everything else in the 3 page letter was focused on me and her and how we're just an ordinary 20 something year old couple, just with an ocean between us...