Translation and Notarization of the Chinese Marriage Certificate?

Hello,

I have a question. Recently I got legally/officially married in China. I got the China marriage registration/certification (China marriage red booklet). Do I need to get the China marriage red booklet notarized or authenticated for my Chinese wife to immigrate to the USA? Currently, my Chinese wife lives in Nanchang, Jiangxi, China.

Fred

Visit the notary office and get a copy of it. The white book copy + translation will be needed for the interview, and for filing the visa petition.

When filing the petition the I-130, only a photo copy of the white book + translation needs to be attached to the petition, later for interview you will need to provide that white book + translation when turing in requested documents for the visa interview.

Note the topics tagged "Marriage Certificate"

http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/forums/Marriage%2BCertificate/

• Like 1

I am back in the USA now. My new wife is still in China. Can I take the China Marriage Certificate (China marriage red booklet) to a notary office in the USA? I can get free notary services at my bank or credit union for USA documents.

Fred

No need for that, did you get an English translation of it over in China?

If so make a plain ordinary photo copy of the cert and translation and submit the copy to USCIS with the visa petition.

If you did not get a translation you or someone competent can translate it, they will then simply make a notation that they are competent in English and Chinese, sign the translation and proved their contact info just in case USCIS has any questions, make photo copy send copy and keep original.

The notary offices in China are not the same thing as the USA the offices in China are records office much like a county clerks office in the states. A bank notery provides a signature verification service in the USA for things like sworn affidavits.