Bringing parents here permanently

SO's parents came in Jan. on visitor's visas and are returning to China this month.They really like it here,and my SO says they want to buy a house and move here.SOOoo,the questions and (slight so far) concerns are rushing through me now.They're both 80+ years old.I love my SO,but now this sudden,life changing prospect really is eating at me.Any input besides "it's their culture"-as far as healthcare for them,etc.?

Firstly SO needs to become a US Citizen in order to file an I-130 for parents IR-5 visa.

As for medical, that is always an issue, there are various insurance plans you can look into, I don't believe a recent immigrant would qualify for medicare.

SO is a citizen-hence them being here since Jan...I think a lot of what she's telling me is actually her (or maybe THEIR discussions)"thinking out loud".I don't know how to explain the risks to her and me IF and when something were to happen to one of them (as in a catastrophic health problem)..Not that they have any serious problems,but I know we're financially responsible..