QQ Chat and computer problem

Hello. I am having some problems with my laptop. My computer is running very slow. I open up Window Task Manager and click on the process tab ( 2nd one over from the left) and look under a "Funshion.exe" listing it says 49-50% under CPU. I believe that means that my computer resources are being tied up with that Funshion process. I highlight that line and click on end process and the CPU runs a lot faster.

I use QQ Chat to chat with my Lao Po. I suspect that I may have picked up Funshion when I downloaded some QQ Chat/ QQ International software. but I am not certain. Or tired accessing some Chinese site. If I cycle power on my Laptop then that file comes back and slows up my computer. Does anyone else have a similar problem with Funshion. Any idea of how to get rid of the problem? I run Microsoft virus protection/detection software and it doesn't pick up anything. Does anyone have any similar problems? Does any one know how to fix this problem?

I just got a new desktop but I am afraid to set it up QQ on it. Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Danb

Sometimes on power up a window will pops up and says something about "a bitmap problem". Don'y know if that is part of my problem. Normally I just "X" this window.

Sounds like spyware infection.

I would first try a scan using malware bytes.http://www.malwarebytes.org/ use the free one, it is quite effective at killing stuff like that.

http://greatis.com/blog/how-to-remove-malware/funshion-exe.htm

Funshion is a valid program that apparently got pushed to his computer somehow. It's not a virus or malware of any kind. I've had it on my computer for a long time with no problems.

It's a Chinese 'free movies' program.

Check your 'Add/Remove Software' Control panel app - you should be able to remove it there. If you want to keep it, you need to use a program that allows you to control what software is activated on start-up.

I don't know if there actually as separate virus by the same name installing to that same directory, or if that site in Dan's link is just blowing smoke. I suspect the latter

Mine has an icon, and an 'Add/remove Software' list entry. I checked the items under "How to quickly detect FUNSHION.EXE presence?", and only one of them (Funshion.exe itself) apply.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Thank you for your replies. After posting I googled Funshion. As Randy said it is a video sharing site. I don't see an icon on my desk top for Funshion. The task bar at the bottom has a funny looking icon ( A lopsided trapezoid with 2 or 3 adidas like check marks.). When I ran the mouse over it I don't see Chinese or English but rather some computer symbols...

"inverted ? 0 with a dot over it, a small a, and some more 0 with dots over them.

Later when I came home I read your posts and then I checked "Unistall or change" page and one of my choices is Funshion. The date on it is 12/26/ 2012. I looked at the other programs and I have another program with the funny computer character as the Funshion program. It has the same date on it. The icon is gold square box with a K on it. It also has some musical note floating out of it. I was in China last Christmas. I must have somehow download these program then.

I think I will just uninstall these programs and then run the virus checkers. Thanks again for your help. A computer is a great and helpful thing when it runs smoothly. But when it is acting up it can be very frustrating. Danb

Yep sound like the additional junk that gets installed with QQ or installed with an update to QQ, the gold K I beleave is a music stream program.

I find I have to uninstall junk like that from my wife's laptop from time to time.

Yep sound like the additional junk that gets installed with QQ or installed with an update to QQ, the gold K I beleave is a music stream program.

I find I have to uninstall junk like that from my wife's laptop from time to time.

Yep!! Like Dan said, I to have to uninstall sometime weekly from hong's movie downloads.

• Like 1