Chinese wife and U.S. Husband Citizenship

NUWORLD

Well here is the scoop folks.

Not sure what to say other than?

Hell I'm not even sure myself.

Here's the story, Our last trip to Chongqing last month was great like always!

We did the family thing ( All of them) eat,drink and just had a great time.

While the visit was mostly for fun there was some business involved.

My buddy Bob and my sister in law (Hong little sister) got married.

This was posted in another thread and is not important for this post.

What is important is that while Bob and Jin where doing there thing

Hong and I bought two houses. :victory:

One for a rental and one for us.

The rental is already rented and we have some cash flow already.

The one for us little sister will live in and take care of it while were gone.

Now for the questions.

Like many here on the forum hong and i would like to move back home to china latter.

I just turned 50 while in Chongqing last month.

Hong will be 41 on the 21st on this month.

While eating dinner the other night Hong stated that she is thinking about U.S. Citizenship.

I say GREAT!!!! sounds good to me.

Now i know if she becomes a U.S. Citizen and she travels to China and the U.S as she pleases.

As long as her U.S. Passport and Chinese visa is valid.

The 6 month over say of her 10 year green card is out the door.

Now my question is this:

If my wife and i are both U.S. citizens can we both get Chinese resident permits and stay in China for a year or more.

We own our house here in the states and would like to keep it for when??? maybe come home to visit family here in the states.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is can we live both in China and The U.S. if we are both U.S citizens?

MIke

Now my question is this:

If my wife and i are both U.S. citizens can we both get Chinese resident permits and stay in China for a year or more.

We own our house here in the states and would like to keep it for when??? maybe come home to visit family here in the states.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is can we live both in China and The U.S. if we are both U.S citizens?

MIke

You need to check with your PSB to find out what they will do for you. They will either extend your visa from the consulate in the U.S., or allow you to buy either an L-visa or a residence permit (their choice) which will allow an unlimited stay with a one-year validity, based on either your immediate relatives, or your property ownership. Border hopping to renew the visa probably won't be necessary.

This definitely varies from one jurisdiction to another. I don't think we've heard from anyone who's doing exactly that (living in China as two American citizens). The U.S., of course, is no problem.

Now my question is this:

MIke

You need to check with your PSB to find out what they will do for you. They will either extend your visa from the consulate in the U.S., or allow you to buy either an L-visa or a residence permit (their choice) which will allow an unlimited stay with a one-year validity, based on either your immediate relatives, or your property ownership. Border hopping to renew the visa probably won't be necessary.

This definitely varies from one jurisdiction to another. I don't think we've heard from anyone who's doing exactly that (living in China as two American citizens). The U.S., of course, is no problem.

Thanks Randy.

Thought it's a start and forgive me for asking and though I'm getting older I do forget at times.

What does PSB stand for?

For myself and so i can explain it to the wife.

Now my question is this:

MIke

Thanks Randy.

Thought it's a start and forgive me for asking and though I'm getting older I do forget at times.

What does PSB stand for?

For myself and so i can explain it to the wife.

It's Public Security Bureau. You want to go to the Exit and Entry Administration office - there will usually be one of these in each town.

As I recall Carl and his wife Ying did just that after she became a US citizen. I think he's more active at CFV but you might try shooting him a PM.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/user/1285-carl/

A difference, though, is that he is on a work visa - they're not reliant on her immediate relatives or property ownerhip. They plan to return to the states before their baby reaches school age, so his wife's citizenship fits in with that exactly.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Well this all sounded great on paper.

I guess the bottom line is we would love to have the best of both worlds.

The only worry i have is that hong loss her 10GC by over staying and not becoming a U.S. citizen.