Pick-up visa packet and passport at CITIC Bank

Does anyone know if the CITIC Bank will give a call to pick-up the passport and visa packet? I checked my passport status at ustraveldocs and it said "ready for pick up." Then I went to the CITIC Bank branch I have chosen to pick up my passport but they said they didn't have my passport and visa packet. It MAY BE still in Guangzhou or Hefei. They also said I have to wait about 3-5 days and when it arrives they will call me. Based on ustraveldocs webpage, I should be able to pick-up my passport when the status is "ready for pick-up." It was really concerned me by not getting any right answers from the bank. Thanks for any responses!!

Does anyone know if the CITIC Bank will give a call to pick-up the passport and visa packet? I checked my passport status at ustraveldocs and it said "ready for pick up." Then I went to the CITIC Bank branch I have chosen to pick up my passport but they said they didn't have my passport and visa packet. It MAY BE still in Guangzhou or Hefei. They also said I have to wait about 3-5 days and when it arrives they will call me. Based on ustraveldocs webpage, I should be able to pick-up my passport when the status is "ready for pick-up." It was really concerned me by not getting any right answers from the bank. Thanks for any responses!!

Sounds like a SNAFU - the communication here should be relatively seamless. That is, when they say, "ready for pick up.", it should be, READY FOR PICK UP.

I would recommend that you inquire through passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com or support-china@ustraveldocs.com, and also through the consulate's email form at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html. The ustraveldocs site has a contact page at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-main-contactus.asp, including phone numbers and a "chat icon"

My guess is that you were mis-informed at the CITIC Bank. You might just go back again tomorrow (or Monday) and ask someone else.

• Like 1

Finally! CITIC Bank phoned me this morning and told me that I can pick up my visa packet and passport. My passport with visa is in hand now. This website has been a big help for me. I want to thank everyone who has helped me by answering my questions and been giving me so much input.