Sponsor Visitor Visa for Wife's Niece

My wife's 15 year old niece from Changsha would like to visit the USA during her summer vacation. Are there any websites that give step by step instructions? Also, how long does it take?

Click on the logo above, near where it says 'Candle for Love' (sorry couldn't resist)

Check here for information about Vistor's visas - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/8469-visitors-visa/

These are processed fairly quickly, usually within a few weeks, but can be VERY hard to come by, especially in her situation.

You have to stress that she will return to China. Upcoming school curriculum, college plans, etc. If she doesn't paint a convincing picture for the VO that she will return to China she will be denied.

Thanks so much for the replies. Can anyone tell me about how long it takes? Her parents surprised us with this and not sure if there is enough time. She would like to stay in the USA for about 30 days but need to be back by Sept. 1 for school.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the replies. Can anyone tell me about how long it takes? Her parents surprised us with this and not sure if there is enough time. She would like to stay in the USA for about 30 days but need to be back by Sept. 1 for school.

Thanks again.

You need to go to the CGIStanley web site to make an appointment for the interview. Keep in mind that the Guangzhou consulate will (apparently) close for the week of July 15 -22, although other consulates will be open. Check for open interview dates that fit your time frame, at more than one consulate if need be.

This is a new procedure and we haven't had much feedback on timing, although I doubt it will be an issue.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)