First domestic flight, and train trip tomorrow

ama537621

I should have a very interesting day tomorrow. My first domestic flight from Shanghai to Shenzhen, Then a 4 hour train ride from Shenzhen to Xingning, also a first trip on a regular chinese train.

Strange thing there was no soft seats on the train, the women at the office refused to book me a hard seat they said no no no to crowded, you will get a soft sleeper.

It is crazy why would they even have a sleeper stlyle car on a train that is a total of 5 hours from start to finish?

Cool deal. I take it you are on your own here...I like exciting adventure, and to hear of tales of bold. I took plenty of domestic flights (which were really no brainers), but never rode any trains in my journey to bring my family here to America.

Good luck with your adventures in ol' Chinartucky. Tell us everything.

tsap seui

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've ridden the sleeper and the hard seats. Domestic flights OK too, and if late maybe witness a riot until plane arrives.

I should have a very interesting day tomorrow. My first domestic flight from Shanghai to Shenzhen, Then a 4 hour train ride from Shenzhen to Xingning, also a first trip on a regular chinese train.

Strange thing there was no soft seats on the train, the women at the office refused to book me a hard seat they said no no no to crowded, you will get a soft sleeper.

It is crazy why would they even have a sleeper stlyle car on a train that is a total of 5 hours from start to finish?

I rode a hard seat car once - it was VERY difficult to find a place to step with each step I took to go to the head. Passengers in the hard seat cars aren't limited to the number of available seats The soft sleepers are the best deal - less climbing and you get a door for only a little bit more than the hard sleepers (which aren't really bad at all).

The sleepers are carried as part of the whole train, and will usually continue cross-country.

Well, the trip went well, flight was a no brainer, easier than in the US. Just make sure you press english for the self check in counter, I did not even have to scan my passport, I just typed in the number and was thru security and check in withen 10 minutes.

The train was also pretty easy, a little over an hour by subway and I arrived at Lohu station. Had my first Mc donalds in a month a pity no quarter pounders here :yikes: . Foreign devils cannot use the automated e ticket pickup so I had to head to a window. Waiting room was decent 4 stores a KFC. Only downside was only squatty toilets that had been pissed all over. Good thing I went in the Shanghai airport. The train was pretty clean in the soft sleeper section. I will admit it was nice to lay down with a pillow and take a nap for an hour. The only down side was no lower beds were available. So my view really sucked, thank-god for the tablet. Anyway baby is crying and it is my turn to attend her.

Sweeeeeeet! Easy peasy!

Well, the trip went well, flight was a no brainer, easier than in the US. Just make sure you press english for the self check in counter, I did not even have to scan my passport, I just typed in the number and was thru security and check in withen 10 minutes.

The train was also pretty easy, a little over an hour by subway and I arrived at Lohu station. Had my first Mc donalds in a month a pity no quarter pounders here :yikes: . Foreign devils cannot use the automated e ticket pickup so I had to head to a window. Waiting room was decent 4 stores a KFC. Only downside was only squatty toilets that had been pissed all over. Good thing I went in the Shanghai airport. The train was pretty clean in the soft sleeper section. I will admit it was nice to lay down with a pillow and take a nap for an hour. The only down side was no lower beds were available. So my view really sucked, thank-god for the tablet. Anyway baby is crying and it is my turn to attend her.