J-1 Visa, HRR, and Adjustment Of Status

Application I-485 was approved today and the production of the card was ordered!!! FINALLY! A big thank you to everyone that has helped along the way. Now we will wait for the card in the mail.

On a side note we will be going back to China in April. Will Huiying's green card and her employment/travel card be sufficient for her to re-enter the USA?

Application I-485 was approved today and the production of the card was ordered!!! FINALLY! A big thank you to everyone that has helped along the way. Now we will wait for the card in the mail.

On a side note we will be going back to China in April. Will Huiying's green card and her employment/travel card be sufficient for her to re-enter the USA?

Just the green-card needed to re-enter the USA.

A few points.

• Book Airline tickets using the names as listed in passports.
  • If name on Green-card is a married name, take a photocopy of marriage certificate to show how green-card became different than that of passport.

Thanks for the tips. She did change her name however, she kept her maiden name as her middle name. Hopefully that helps with any confusion. Should I change the ticket name to her maiden name(already bought tickets and used the name on her green card) or just bring a copy of marriage certificate?

Edited by Nate21224 (see edit history)

Book the ticket in the name on her passport not her green card. Otherwise the airline won't let her board. She won't have any problem re-entering the US.

Thank you thank you!! We didn't even think about the name differences until seeing you guys saying! We're blessed to have you guys' help and luckily got the name changed in time or else I don't know what kind of mess we would have to face... And we just found out that we didn't use the middle names of Nate's parents on the tickets but their passports have it. Couldn't call the airline since it's weekend. Anyone knows about middle name issue? Will they be ok? I'm just nervous and want to hear something ahead the airline. We can call after the weekend tho. Big thank you!!!!

Recieved the green card in the mail today! Feels good to be done haha. Thank you all for the help and support!

Maybe I should start a new thread but, what's next?

Check the expiration date. You will need to file an I-751 application to remove conditions within 90 days before that date - that's IF the expiration date is within 2 years (conditional)

On the other hand, if it's an unconditional green card (10 yr. expiration), you will file an I-90 within 90 days prior to THAT date.