I-94 is now digital

Since this change is took place only last month, I will post it for anyone else who has been under the same rock as I have.

"Effective April 26, 2013, DHS began automating the admission process. An alien lawfully admitted or paroled into the U.S. is no longer required to be in possession of a preprinted Form I-94. A record of admission printed from the CBP website constitutes a lawful record of admission. See 8 CFR § 1.4(d)."

From the US Customs and Border Protection website.

• Like 1

Yes that will be news for K-1 AOS

. . . and everyone else - especially non-immigrant visas. You no longer have to decide whether to fill it in. It's filled in automatically and electronically at the POE from the information in your passport, including the visa

You can get a printed copy - it's been posted here before. I'll see if I can't find it.

From Customs and Border Protection -

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/fact_sheets/travel/i94_factsheet.ctt/i94_factsheet.pdf

How will the new I-94 automation impact international

travelers’ entry to the U.S.?

I-94 automation will not impact a traveler’s ability

to enter the U.S. CBP will continue to create an I-

94 record for all travelers who require one, but the

paper form will be created in an electronic format

and not provided to the traveler. If a traveler requires

a paper version of Form I-94, it will be

available at www.cbp.gov/I94

Will CBP provide a traveler with any documentation

or evidence showing status and time allowed

in the U.S.?

Yes. CBP will provide each traveler with an admission

stamp that is annotated with date of admis-

sion, class of admission and admitted until date. The

electronic arrival/departure record can be obtained at

www.cbp.gov/I94.

The i-485 (AOS application) instructions have not been modified since 2011, and still call for the paper copy - seems like it would be a good idea to include it, although it may or may not be necessary.

Since this change is took place only last month, I will post it for anyone else who has been under the same rock as I have.

"Effective April 26, 2013, DHS began automating the admission process. An alien lawfully admitted or paroled into the U.S. is no longer required to be in possession of a preprinted Form I-94. A record of admission printed from the CBP website constitutes a lawful record of admission. See 8 CFR § 1.4(d)."

The I-485 (AOS application) instructions have not been modified since 2011, and still call for the paper copy - seems like it would be a good idea to include it, although it may or may not be necessary.

I am curious what USCIS will do when they get the webpage printout of I-94? It use to be USCIS would demand that an I-824 be filed at cost to get a replacement I-94 to be able to file AOS. Now it looks like CBP has improved this with that new website and eliminating the card so it cannot be lost.

I guess AZwolfman will be our test subject.

Get the electronic I-94 print out here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

The I-485 (AOS application) instructions have not been modified since 2011, and still call for the paper copy - seems like it would be a good idea to include it, although it may or may not be necessary.

I am curious what USCIS will do when they get the webpage printout of I-94? It use to be USCIS would demand that an I-824 be filed at cost to get a replacement I-94 to be able to file AOS. Now it looks like CBP has improved this with that new website and eliminating the card so it cannot be lost.

I guess AZwolfman will be our test subject.

Get the electronic I-94 print out here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

Yes, it's available on their computer, so I wouldn't think it would be necessary - but as long as the instructions call for it, print it out and include it.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45771-what-happens-in-us/?p=601063