Looking for some help.

We just moved and I need to update our address with USCIS. I just want to be sure I get it correct. Below is what i saw on USCIS website. I guess one AR-11 for my wife and one for my stepson. Do I also need to submit an I-865?

They already both have their 10 year green cards.

We may be over the 10 day mark by a few days also..............................I guess put the moving date within 10 days of submitted date......

"Certain customers are legally obligated to inform USCIS when they move regardless of whether they have a case pending, approved, or denied. If you are not a U.S. citizen and you have moved, you must complete a Form AR-11 and submit it within ten days of the completion of the move for legal purposes. U.S. Citizens are not required to complete a Form AR-11.

Regardless of whether you are or are not a citizen, if you have previously submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of someone who has become a permanent resident, you must also complete a Form I-865 within ten days of the completion of the move for legal purposes.

For case processing purposes, a customer should inform USCIS of any address change as soon after the completion of the move as possible. This way, the customer will receive any notices or documents related to their case in a timely fashion"

Thanks in advance for the help.

Looking for some help.

We just moved and I need to update our address with USCIS. I just want to be sure I get it correct. Below is what i saw on USCIS website. I guess one AR-11 for my wife and one for my stepson. Do I also need to submit an I-865?

We may be over the 10 day mark by a few days also..............................I guess put the moving date within 10 days of submitted date......

"Certain customers are legally obligated to inform USCIS when they move regardless of whether they have a case pending, approved, or denied. If you are not a U.S. citizen and you have moved, you must complete a Form AR-11 and submit it within ten days of the completion of the move for legal purposes. U.S. Citizens are not required to complete a Form AR-11.

Regardless of whether you are or are not a citizen, if you have previously submitted a Form I-864 on behalf of someone who has become a permanent resident, you must also complete a Form I-865 within ten days of the completion of the move for legal purposes.

For case processing purposes, a customer should inform USCIS of any address change as soon after the completion of the move as possible. This way, the customer will receive any notices or documents related to their case in a timely fashion"

Well, yes.

You need to file an I-865 any time you move while still bound to the obligation of the I-864 you filed to sponsor immigrants.

In my wife and my case, my wife became a US citizen last spring, and we moveef to a new place last fall, since she is a citizen she and I are no longer obligated to file AR-11 and I-865.

Looking for some help.

Corey, I did one of those forms online and snail mailed the other when we moved into a home we bought. Don't worry about that date, just fill it out where is within the 10 day mark. Not like they have a USCIS drone flying over AXXX NC watching you....not yet anyhow. :gleam: Did you leave AXXX? How is that area now, been a few years since I visited my old stompin' grounds of Cary. HOpe things have been good for you guys.

tsap seui

Thanks for the replies. I will get the forms done today.

Tsap- we are still in Apex. We moved about 3 miles from our old house. The community here is great and continues to grow. Cary and Apex are growing more to the west now as more roads are put in and updated.

We bought a building lot a few years ago and we just finished building a new house. We were very fortunate to sell the old house at a fair value so we don't need to carry that house or rent it out.

The new place is much larger and really way to big for us but we intend to sell it in a few years and build another one.

If you make it to NC anytime in the future drop us a line and we can meet up.

Thanks again.

That's good news buddy on the new house and plans to sell it and buy another. Glad you got your price.

I haven't been down to Greensboro, NC to see my brother in awhile and if we take the I-85 route instead of route 29 down it would be nice to stop in, find Pond Street in Cary where we lived through my 7th and 8th grades, then moving to Maryland back in 1964. I haven't been to Cary since 1964, I have heard nothing but how it has all changed. My dad worked in Apex at a propane or natural gas pipeline there, I think it was called Dixie Pipeline back then, then he took the job of managing a tank farm they were building up in Maryland for Colonial Pipeline and we moved.

It would be an honor to meet you guys and laugh at life for a few hours. I'll PM you if we come that way later in 2014. Ol' Cary, man, the memories of those two years, starting of come of age, first kisses, first petting experiences....wonder what those gals look like now? LOL or should I say YIKES. The more I think about it the more it would be nice to drop into Cary and see Pond Street again, show Wenyan where I lived at age 14. Heck, I was born in Charlotte, my dad moved us to Greensboro (Guilford College) when he worked for Plantation Pipeline, until I was 12 and then to Cary for 2 years. I called NC home for the next 45 years until it dawned on me one day that I had lived in Maryland way many more years than I ever lived in NC. :rotfl:

You won't have any problem with those address changes. Enjoy the new house. That is one nice area down in NC, for that matter NC is one great state to begin with.

tsap seui