Wife decided to file for citizenship - any idea of timeline?

True baby, I gotta tell ya, you really made me happy and brought back so many memories of the area we grew up in. Mick and Kim were there for awhile also. Your posts about PG county really made me think of being 16 through 19. The Crosskeys Club..Jeez man...when I dropped off my wife I damn near started to go through Fairfax county and head back to the ol' stompin' grounds for a look see....so much growing up in those parts.

We used to go down to Riverdale?? to buy motorcycle parts at Sonny's...help me if I'm wrong on that. I played in bands for frats at College Park, my God the times we had. Glad to meet another fella who grew up in the area. It's damn nice to remember those days and you found that NIls hit from the day. I met him once in Frederick, Md at a party in the house he and some of the band rented. I didn't really know who he was at that time, and actually when I met him he was laying on the hood of a car in the driveway and a girl was giving him....lets just say she was blowing up a balloon so to speak...lol MY buddy takes me over and says, "Rawknee, this is Nils Lofgren"...he sticks out his hand to shake mine and I say, "Nils, I don't need to ask, it looks like you're doin' real well." Nils and his band lived in the big farm house there and it was nothing to go over and hear them practice. He had this small trampoline and from time to time he's just run a coupla steps, hit the trampoline and do a backflip....often doing that onstage. He was a helluva nice guy, soft spoken, liked to party, and it was almost rare to not see him with a guitar in his hands. I got to see him play down at the Bayou down at K and Wisconsin in Georgetown, usually they had the Telestars as a house band. When I wasn't playing on the weekends I would be in the Bayou at age 16 and 17 with my buddy's draft card and drivers license telling girls I was 19 and going to the University of Maryland....LOL Lots of whoopie went on in that parking lot to the side of the Bayou that had the huge smokestack beside it. YEEEHAAAA

Thanks for the memories buddy, tell us more. I can't believe the flood of thoughts and deeds past that I feel. I was so eager to get out of the "traffic jam" called the DC metro area but what a place for a kid to grow up in.

Oh man, thanks for that memory of White Lies...what some great times we both lived through in that ol' DC area. Great times, great players. NIls did backflips like they were nothing on stage, and not lose a note....LOL

Here is that particular Ringo's All Starr Band that I took my then 6 year old daughter to see. We went to Merriweather Post Pavillion outside Baltimore and sat in the 4th row center of the "pit" right there where you see ever crease in every smile from the players. Just look at the lineup we got to see as Ringo calls them off....it was unbelievable. They played Ringo's hits and then one or two songs of each person in the band. I was in heaven to be that close to people like that. NIls trading off licks with Joe Walsh...man oh man. Ringo and his son playing drums together.

I was holding my daughter in my arms at one point and she bouncing around clapping her hands ot the music....Ringo looks down at her, smiles and waves to her....I could have passed out....LOL Then he says to the crowd, I want all of you to sing along with me on this next song, everyone of you should know the songs but maybe this little girl down front here and he points at my kid....I"m swooning, the kid doesn't have a clue who Ringo Starr is.....LOL What a fantastic night that was

Excellent stuff Tsap! and some of the other guys there Dave (I hear you knocking) Edmunds, Burton (American Woman) Cummings, Todd (We got to get you a woman) Rungren and Joe (Rocky Mountain Way) Walsh bring back, a lot or memories too.

Hey Mods - Can we old fart flower children of the 40's, 50's and 60's, have a thread for sharing our favorite Youtube music videos among us??? Before you decide...remember the famous words of Elvis....Don't be Cruel..... hahaha!

Regards

True Blue

Oh man, thanks for that memory of White Lies...what some great times we both lived through in that ol' DC area. Great times, great players. NIls did backflips like they were nothing on stage, and not lose a note....LOL

Here is that particular Ringo's All Starr Band that I took my then 6 year old daughter to see. We went to Merriweather Post Pavillion outside Baltimore and sat in the 4th row center of the "pit" right there where you see ever crease in every smile from the players. Just look at the lineup we got to see as Ringo calls them off....it was unbelievable. They played Ringo's hits and then one or two songs of each person in the band. I was in heaven to be that close to people like that. NIls trading off licks with Joe Walsh...man oh man. Ringo and his son playing drums together.

I was holding my daughter in my arms at one point and she bouncing around clapping her hands ot the music....Ringo looks down at her, smiles and waves to her....I could have passed out....LOL Then he says to the crowd, I want all of you to sing along with me on this next song, everyone of you should know the songs but maybe this little girl down front here and he points at my kid....I"m swooning, the kid doesn't have a clue who Ringo Starr is.....LOL What a fantastic night that was

Excellent stuff Tsap! and some of the other guys there Dave (I hear you knocking) Edmunds, Burton (American Woman) Cummings, Todd (We got to get you a woman) Rungren and Joe (Rocky Mountain Way) Walsh bring back, a lot or memories too.

Hey Mods - Can we old fart flower children of the 40's, 50's and 60's, have a thread for sharing our favorite Youtube music videos among us??? Before you decide...remember the famous words of Elvis....Don't be Cruel..... hahaha!

Regards

True Blue

Try it - see what happens

Regards

True Blue

Try it - see what happens

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/44942-one-of-my-favorite-rock-bands/

Regards

True Blue

Yessir, that was quite a show. Every one of those guys played a couple of their songs, along with Ringo's material and with Timothy B. Schmit on bass you had half of the Eagles onstage!! I could not believe the lineup when we sat down and they came on stage. Guys whose music I had loved for decades and they made each others music sound like the original...plus they clowned around with each other. And....while Ringo's son did most of the drumming when Ringo got back behind his drum set and sat there shaking his head back and forth I swear it took me back to the days of the Beatles. I was in heaven the whole concert.

Easy to see you and I have the same music tastes, man. And like Dan's link will show ya....Mick started an incredible running music thread. You could go for weeks listeneing ot the great music there.

tsap seui