mop slops and citizenship process

hi guys,

wife's citizenship process is driving me nuts and plenty of mop slops.

she received interview notice on 12/6/2012 for an interview on 3/18/13. the notice also bring the following doc to her interview.

1 - bring your state-issued driver's license or state-issued photo id card.

2 - bring all passport and travel documents (including expired and current) issued to you by any gov.

3 - if you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a u.s. citizen, bring an original internal revenue service form 1722 listing tax information for the past 3 years or copies of the income tax forms you filled for the past 3 years.

4 - if you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a u.s. citizen, bring proof of residence (irs return transcript or federal tax returns, rent or mortgage payments, utility bills, etc.)

I did the followings:

1 - ny state id card

2 - china passport and 10 yr green card

3 - 3 (2010,2011,2012) original tax returns

4 - I said use # 3 as proof of residence.

on the day of the interview, we waited 3 hours before her name was called and it took another hour before she came out. she looked not happy, holding in her hand was a piece of white paper, the n-652, naturalization interview results. she passed the tests of english and u.s. history and government but interviewer agent wanted more documents. the next date was 5/10/13.

n-652 wants:

1 - joint accounts for 2 years

2 - credit cards statements for 2 years

3 - health insurance

4 - life insurance

5 - utility bills

6 - lease or mortgage

7 - 3 years of tax return transcript and tax account

I did the followings:

1 - print out joint account showing both names, account start date and account's status is current.

2 - print out credit card statements (2011, 2012) showing her name and activities.

3 - print out health insurance showing my name, wife's name and son's name, account's status is active.

4 - print out life insurance showing wife gets 100% if I were to pass away, policy is active.

5 - no utility bills given, answer is given on # 6. cell phone is under my name and its a family plan but no wife's name on statement.

6 - no lease or mortgage. wife, son and i live with my mother. my mother is the lease owner and her name is on all utilities bills. I wrote a letter explaining why I have no lease or mortgage and that we are living with my mother where she pays for all rent and utilities bills. I also included that I paid my mother cash every month for living there. lease agreements (2008, 2010 and 2012) were copied and staple to the letter. I also have the letter notary as well.

7 - print out 2009. 2010, 2011, 2012 tax return transcript and tax account, http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

8 - chinese marriage license translated to english, costed me 30 dollars.

wife came out with another n-625 letter. she passed the tests of english and u.s. history and government. uscis will send you a written decision about your application.

I don't understand why she was given a n-625 again. she presented a mountain of documents and knowing # 6 is our weakest, but I told my wife that she must explain to the interview agent our situations.

any thoughts, comments or anything? I really don't want any more mop slops. thanks guys.

My wife got same formN-625 it is a generic form, she had no problems needing a second interview, and we provided much of what you did the first time, and our living situation was the same as yours.

Sounds like a pass, and a wait for an Oath Ceramony appointment.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife got same formN-625 it is a generic form, she had no problems needing a second interview, and we provided much of what you did the first time, and our living situation was the same as yours.

Sounds like a pass, and a wait for an Oath Ceramony appointment.

thanks Dan,

wife received her oath ceremony appointment. no mop slops :happydance: