Deadline to return P3?

Is there a deadline to send back the P3 forms? Would like to delay returning them to have more time before going to the interview. Thank you

Yes. If you haven't returned the P3 within one year, the case will be discarded. I expect that will give you plenty of time.

You will also have the opportunity to schedule your own interview, for either the current (as of the receipt of the electronic P4) month, or the following month. I am guessing that if you simply delay making your choice into the following month, that another month of possible dates would open up. Check the ustraveldocs.com web site for details.

Yes up to a year, however I would contact consulate be email to let them know will be taking some time.

One reason to delay would be to allow for two years of marriage before coming to the states, if arrival to the states happens after two years of marriage, the resulting green card will be a 10 year permanent card not a two year conditional one that later needs a removal of conditions filed two years later at additional cost.