Consulate Operations Closed Tues and Wed

All consulate operations at the TianYu branch are currently closed through Wednesday, May 15.

Please see Non-immigrant Visas for additional information.

Please see Immigrant Visas for additional information.

Please see USCIS services for additional information.

Please see American Citizen Services for additional information.

Please see Adoptions for additional information

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45752-guz-consular-section-closed-today/

From the USATraveldocs web site - this is a Google translation from http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn_zh/index.html?firstTime=No

Re-notification to make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou

U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou sorry to inform appointment May 14 interview applicants: for emergency reasons, the library will be closed on May 14 Tianyu Building for an appointment. May 14 interview applicants appointment to reschedule the interview time after May 14.

The notice on the Consulate's web page has been update to this

Not sure if that's an actual extension of the closure, or just a warning to check the web site before you go.

Apparently, all visa interviews through Friday are canceled

The Immigrant Visa Unit is closed for all visa operations through Friday, May 17. Please check this webpage for updates to the status of operations. Persons with interviews scheduled for May 14, May 15, or May 16 will be contacted with instructions on how to reschedule their appointments.

The Non-Immigrant visa unit has the same message.

From the Consulate's web site

• The Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou will resume normal operations at the Tianyu Office as of Friday, May 17. We regret any inconveniences caused as a result of the disruption in service this week. We have the following guidance for all consular clients, depending on the services they require:

Please see Non-immigrant Visas for additional information.

Please see Immigrant Visas for additional information.

Please see USCIS services for additional information.

Please see American Citizen Services for additional information.

Please see Adoptions for additional information.

and

As we will resume normal operations shortly, applicants who are currently scheduled for interviews on Monday, May 20, should come in as scheduled to our Tianyu Office on Monday. Any applicant who previously scheduled their appointments earlier this week should reschedule through ustraveldocs.com. We are already in contact with the immigrant visa applicants whose appointments this week were not scheduled through ustraveldocs.com.

I already rescheduled an immigrant visa interview for May 22 through ustraveldocs.com on May 14. I got the approval confirmation letter also. Then someone from U.S. Consulate Guangzhou called me through phone yesterday to come for interview on May 24. I forgot to mention to the person about I have rescheduled my interview through the website for May 22. I am confused about which date I should go for my interview? May 22 or May 24? I would like to call the immigrant visa unit to confirm but I cannot find the phone number in the website. Thanks.

I already rescheduled an immigrant visa interview for May 22 through ustraveldocs.com on May 14. I got the approval confirmation letter also. Then someone from U.S. Consulate Guangzhou called me through phone yesterday to come for interview on May 24. I forgot to mention to the person about I have rescheduled my interview through the website for May 22. I am confused about which date I should go for my interview? May 22 or May 24? I would like to call the immigrant visa unit to confirm but I cannot find the phone number in the website. Thanks.

You should be able to verify your interview date through ustraveldocs.com. If you miss this appointment, they might flag you as a "no show".

You might also notify them of the mix-up through their web mail at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html