"I admit my mind is in the gutter . . . "

Nixon Redux: Another Memorable China Visit

WSJ:

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-XI916_nixon_G_20130506061132.jpg

More than 40 years later, Andrea Catsimatidis, the buxom wife of Nixon’s grandson Christopher Nixon Cox, also wore red—a racy crimson number–on a Beijing walkabout Friday.

. . .

“I admit my mind is in the gutter,” wrote one microblogger. “The first time I looked, all I saw was…”

. . .

“In honor of my grandfather they brought out Moutai,” he said. “The toast was important but they did not emphasize drinking.”

Former President Nixon was fascinated by Moutai – a throat-searing grain alcohol that bills itself as China’s national liquor — and reportedly went against aides’ advice by partaking in rounds of toasting, including with then Premier Zhou Enlai.

• Like 1

Funny seeing that elephant again. That elephant and other large statues line the walk to the Ming Tomb. Wenyan and I went there on my first trip, left from there and went ot the Great Wall.

I've got a photo of Wenyan standing in front of that elephant but If I had only remembered this photo of Tricky and Pat I could have put on my plastic Nixon halloween mask, put "a proper Republican coat" on Wenyan and had a great photo to show and tell fer yawl. :victory:

Not trying to get political, just remembered Richard Nixon's famous line. Actually, I miss Richard Nixon, and I miss that famous caricaturist Elephant who had such a great time with, those were some pretty cool days.

tsap seui

• Like 1