Chinese degree translation - where to start

Mr. Don

Hi all. My wife has a bachelor degree which she obtained in China. She is wanting to get a teaching certificate here in the US and was told she needs to have her degree evaluated by a company that does this. Our problem is that she does not have her transcripts from her university in China. Anyone have experience with this kind of thing? Not exactly sure where to start.

thanks

My wife needed hers evaluated a couple years ago.

What we ended up doing.

1. She had her sister obtain it and send it over here to her.
  2. I then translated them from Chinese to English, literal translating using software was fine, I then had a co worker conversant in Chinese and English compare translation to the transcripts, certify and sign off that the translation was accurate.
  3. I then sent them to a evaluation company. http://evaluationservice.net

Hi all. My wife has a bachelor degree which she obtained in China. She is wanting to get a teaching certificate here in the US and was told she needs to have her degree evaluated by a company that does this. Our problem is that she does not have her transcripts from her university in China. Anyone have experience with this kind of thing? Not exactly sure where to start.

thanks

My wife got her transcripts from the Chinese university, they provided the english translated version for her.

Because so many Chinese students go overseas for a higher degree, this is pretty common.

In USA, the local university knew how to match the courses up to their own curriculum, and provided us with any courses we needed to take to make the degree match.

After that, my wife effectively had a US degree she could use for education or jobs.