Copy is fine besides what you have is a copy, the IRS has the original. Also a return in not compleat without the supporting documents, attach copies of W2 and any 1099 forms used when filing the return.

Or you can order the free transcripts from IRS.GOV

I would recommend that you request and receive the transcripts vice making copies of the tax return. My experience is that it takes only 7-10 days to get the transcripts and they are superior to copies of the returns you submitted for at least two reasons. (1) They don't have "S O MUCH" detail on them which can show other information that is not necessarily what you want to show, i.e. old addresses on W2's, old information on any 1099R's or other required income support documents, conversions of Retirement benefits, etc; and (2) They are a trusted "feedback loop" from the IRS computers - thus showing what the IRS thinks vice what you have that is a copy of what you might or might not have actually submitted. This is only my opinion - and I have not seen any other person or entity take this position....it's just from reading the tea leaves as it were and during the various interviews as I transitioned thru the entire process. Your mileage may vary. Best of Luck.

• Like 1

I highly agree with MIke about those transcripts. Much more trustworthy. Years ago that advice was given here, and I've seen people get blueslips asking for transcripts, sometimes even asking for the IRS to send the transcripts to Guangzhou.

I went to my local IRS office and got my transcripts for my gal's interview.

Do everything you can to not have any questions. Mike makes a darn good point.

Good luck

tsap seui

I highly agree with MIke about those transcripts. Much more trustworthy. Years ago that advice was given here, and I've seen people get blueslips asking for transcripts, sometimes even asking for the IRS to send the transcripts to Guangzhou.

Good luck

tsap seui

When it comes time for me to start this paperwork, do you know if I can get the IRS transcripts from right here in Beijing at the IRS office here?

I know I could ask for the transcripts to get mailed to my domicile address in the US and then have a family member or friend send them to me here, but, I'd rather just take care of it myself........

Good luck

tsap seui

When it comes time for me to start this paperwork, do you know if I can get the IRS transcripts from right here in Beijing at the IRS office here?

I know I could ask for the transcripts to get mailed to my domicile address in the US and then have a family member or friend send them to me here, but, I'd rather just take care of it myself........

More than likely yes, transcripts are in the form of ordinary print out on plain paper.

The two times I ordered transcripts, first time the agent simply printed them on plain paper and mailed them to me, the second time they faxed them to me.

Good luck

tsap seui

More than likely yes, transcripts are in the form of ordinary print out on plain paper.

The two times I ordered transcripts, first time the agent simply printed them on plain paper and mailed them to me, the second time they faxed them to me.

Thanks Dan. If and when it comes time for me to further explore this path, I'll report back with what I find.

I hope you can get them at your local IRS office. The transcripts are easy to understand for the VO's as they point right to the "bottom line" they are looking for, and I know I felt more secure with them as they used to be recommended on Candle after we saw some folks having problems with tax returns, then having to get transcripts anyway. As well, like Mike said, some folks don't have simple 2 or 3 page returns, instead having have lots of schedules in their tax returns with info the VO's don't need to see.

Good luck

tsap seui