Jay Leno on the Pigs

Jay Leno Wins Chinese Fans With Dead Pig Quip

Officials suspect they ended up in the water because farmers upstream have been throwing the pigs, suspected of having died of disease, into the river,” Mr. Leno said in his opening monologue on Thursday . . .. “Either that or someone is playing the world’s game of Angry Birds. They’re not sure what it is.”

While Angry Birds jokes are bound to get attention in China (which harbors a particular fascination with the game), it was what he said next that earned the talk show host the most notice from Chinese’s Internet users.

“But what I love is this: Chinese officials have said the dead pigs will not affect the quality of the drinking water from the river,” he said, chuckling. “How bad is your drinking water if 13,000 dead, rotting pigs don’t affect the taste?”

“ Oh it tastes like it always does, really,” he continued, pretending to sip from a glass. “I love bacon-flavored water.”

The media states it was 16,000 dead and diseased pigs and now a 1000 ducks were just found in a river in Sichuan.

I saw a dead pig floating down river a couple of days ago in Guilin, looked like a 180 pounder that had been dead for a couple of days or so