3rd party might not be going to china

This is very short and to the point.

As many know my wife and i will be going to Chongqing the last week of next month.

When i purchased the tickets there were 3 people that was/are to travel to Chongqing.

I'm paying the full bill for all 3.

My wife and i have the time and WILL be going next month to Chongqing.

But the 3rd party might not be able to get the time off from work like he said he could and more than likely

not be going with us.

The itinerary i payed for shows 3 travelers.

The question i have if the 3rd person does not show up at the airport will my wife and i have any problems?

Booking shows 3 but only 2 to travel.

Mike

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

Should not be an issue, however I would see about canceling even if there is a no refund policy in the ticket, perhaps if try hard enough ther may issue a credit that could be used for future travel.

I had to cancel my trip last year but my wife went and I was told I could not get a refund on my trip, even though it was because my father passed away the week before. When my wife got back she called the travel agency and got 50% back so you can get some back if you are deligent. Your credit card may have something about a refund so you can check with them about it also.

Good luck.

Mike, you will have no problem whatsoever...with anyone. Everytime you show your itinerary simply tell the person he's not coming. It's no problem.

One important thing: When you get to the gate you are flying out of, go up to the person there and tell them John Doe is not going to be checking in or making the flight. That way your plane will not be delayed from taking off while the announcements are made looking for John Doe.

I hate that in an airport, especially when the plane I'm flying on is sitting at the gate waiting to taxi out to the active.

I don't know if people fly standby to China, I do know they do to Australia.....if they allow folks to fly standby to China your buddy will make someone very happy.

Bon voyage.

Mike, you will have no problem whatsoever...with anyone. Everytime you show your itinerary simply tell the person he's not coming. It's no problem.

One important thing: When you get to the gate you are flying out of, go up to the person there and tell them John Doe is not going to be checking in or making the flight. That way your plane will not be delayed from taking off while the announcements are made looking for John Doe.

I hate that in an airport, especially when the plane I'm flying on is sitting at the gate waiting to taxi out to the active.

I don't know if people fly standby to China, I do know they do to Australia.....if they allow folks to fly standby to China your buddy will make someone very happy.

Bon voyage.

Thanks buddy, looking forward to the trip.

Two weeks of resting and relaxing, can't wait!!

Also letting them know that J-Doe is not making the flight, allows the airline to place someone in that seat that may be on standby.