best dc adapter for tablet

hi everyone hope you are all doing great. wife and i are going back end of march , and looking for a dc adapter so i can take my tablet ,or are there any better ideas . it will be our first trip back together since she arrived. first time i was there bought a cheap belkin dc adapter but it fried my battery charger so looking for a better idea. speaking of battery charger i bought a powa charger [modelpw-9888] been working great since i bought it and had no problems while in china with it .

That battery charger is rated for an input voltage of 100 to 240 volts so should be able to plug it directly into power in China or USA without anything other than a simple plug adapter without any voltage conversion.

http://www.wosmile.com/cgi-bin/view_store_item.cgi?pid=8925&sid=5&category=24

Most modern voltage adapters like cell phone, ipod, ipad, tablet, laptop, cords are 100-240v compatible, needing no voltage conversion, only a plug adapter to convert ( | | ) to ( / \ ) or ( . . )

That battery charger is rated for an input voltage of 100 to 240 volts so should be able to plug it directly into power in China or USA without anything other than a simple plug adapter without any voltage conversion.

The other thing to check is it is rated for 50(China) or 60(US) Hz. Most are but once in a while you see one that is not.

The other thing to check is it is rated for 50(China) or 60(US) Hz. Most are but once in a while you see one that is not.

I haven't found anything where that makes a difference. Of course, for a clock running off of the frequency, rather than an oscillator, it would make a big difference.

The inductance impedance of an electrical circuit changes with the frequency, but I haven't seen any effects from that. I use 110-volt, 60 hz. chargers, a DVD player, VCR, scanner and other computer equipment, espresso machine and grinder without any noticeable effects from the 50 hz current. The 110 volt power comes from a 1000 watt transformer.

I looked for a frequency converter when I first got here, but didn't find one and now wouldn't need it. Seems like it would be easy enough to design a simple circuit that would do the conversion, but the ones I found were all designed for industrial usage.

I haven't found anything where that makes a difference. Of course, for a clock running off of the frequency, rather than an oscillator, it would make a big difference.

The inductance impedance of an electrical circuit changes with the frequency, but I haven't seen any effects from that. I use 110-volt, 60 hz. chargers, a DVD player, VCR, scanner and other computer equipment, espresso machine and grinder without any noticeable effects from the 50 hz current. The 110 volt power comes from a 1000 watt transformer.

I looked for a frequency converter when I first got here, but didn't find one and now wouldn't need it. Seems like it would be easy enough to design a simple circuit that would do the conversion, but the ones I found were all designed for industrial usage.

When I was over there on my expat assignment, we brought a lot of equipment from the US to install. I installed a transformer that was designed to take 240 to 24 V but designed for 60 Hz only. I did not realize the 60 Hz only part. Shortly after installation, it started smoking at night enough that it caused an emergency call-out and one of my local engineers had to come in at night. The electrician told me some transformers are frequency specific. This was an industrial application and I agree most housewares don't seem to be affected (or are designed with the dual frequency in mind) though in some cases you may be shortening their life.

It was a good lesson for me.

When I was over there on my expat assignment, we brought a lot of equipment from the US to install. I installed a transformer that was designed to take 240 to 24 V but designed for 60 Hz only. I did not realize the 60 Hz only part. Shortly after installation, it started smoking at night enough that it caused an emergency call-out and one of my local engineers had to come in at night. The electrician told me some transformers are frequency specific. This was an industrial application and I agree most housewares don't seem to be affected (or are designed with the dual frequency in mind) though in some cases you may be shortening their life.

It was a good lesson for me.

That's the inductive impedance at play - it changes with the frequency, as does the capacitor impedance. Going from 60 to 50 hz is a 16% change, so it's not surprising. Thanks for the warning.

Yeah, I figure I was pretty lucky that everything I brought with me works so well - but these days, most electronic devices run off a power supply (whether internal or external) which will right off the bat convert the current to DC. No problem there, as long as you have the correct voltage.