No Visa after passing interview over one month ago

chinakat

My fiance passed the interview over a month ago and GZ has not sent the visa package. All the other K1's that passed got their visa long ago even those that interviewed only couple weeks ago. The EMS label number she filled out says that number is not in the system which means the package hasn't been mailed I assume. GZ is not writing back to me or fiance and they are not on holiday any more. The immigration website status info says the visa has been printed. It said the same thing about a month ago. Is there a GZ phone number I can call directly or does anyone have any idea what the next step should be. Thanks.

We both wrote using the official email process for GZ. We have not heard from them for over 2 weeks. They are not writing back. They responded to my first email and nothing after. The first email didn't tell us anything except they said to check the visa status site. Has anyone had to wait this long to get the visa package after passing the interview. Or the other question is what would hold up mailing. I am starting to assume they lost the package. I am contacting the Senator today.

Sorry to hear you are still in the dark with all this. I hope your Senator can be of some help, but often they can do little more than you can yourself. This brings back so many memories of the old Black Hole days of 2002. My wife Li had her successful interview on August 20, 2002. They did not issue the visa, but said it shouldn't be more than two weeks. We were finally able to pick up the visa on March 10, 2003. That was, of course, a much different situation than whatever is going on now. Ours was one of thousands of cases caught in a log jam. Again, I wish you the best and please, keep us posted as to how it is going. If nothing else, we are here for support.

After ChunMei passed her interview they told her it would be 5 to 7 days before her visa packet would arrive at the Guangzhou post office. She waited in Goangzhou for two weeks, before we finally decided she should return to Nanning and her job. We contacted the consulate by email several times during that period, and each time were told "it's still being processed."

It took five weeks before it was finally mailed.

Thanks folks, it's been about 5 weeks now and still no visa. Everyone else that interviewed before her got visa in less than 2 weeks, even those that interviewed after her got their visa. She is supposed to fly out here this week on a non refundable ticket so I lost about $800 but no big deal as have to buy another ticket, but after she gets the visa.