Time between p3 and p4 interview scheduled

Happy new year to you all! I hope you are all enjoying the lovely and obnoxiously loud firework displays this past week...

I'm wondering if you all may have knowledge of the average time between sending in packet 3 to the consulate and receiving the packet 4 interview time e-mail. We sent the packet back last week with confirmed delivery however there is a holiday this week....just being curious as we have a visa to renew before the time of interview and want to plan.

Also has anyone had experience with a medical in Beijing? Do they speak decent English?

VJ has a great timeline database, filter by visa type and consulate select advance view and sort by interview date, newest to oldest, this should give you an idea of P3, P4, Interview date timings.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=1&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op7=China&dfile=No&adv=1

Most use the medical center in Guangzhou a couple days before interview.

Also has anyone had experience with a medical in Beijing? Do they speak decent English?

In the P4 packet, the number of the medical center is included for both Guanzhou and Beijing. I would have a Chinese friend call and ask if there will be an issue with a non-Chinese speaker going for the medical alone or if you will need a friend to come along to translate.

Here is the list of approved medical centers

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/IV/Medical%20instruction%20_GIV-8_%20-%20Dec_%2011.pdf

Edited by Beachey (see edit history)

Maybe I'm confused but why would someone have a service center listed if they did DCF? I guess that's what confuses me in the timelines on here. As for the medical in Beijing we are just trying to save money as we live and work here but are both foreigners....BUT I think, as you've posted, most do it in GZ

Thanks for the responses!

Maybe I'm confused but why would someone have a service center listed if they did DCF? I guess that's what confuses me in the timelines on here. As for the medical in Beijing we are just trying to save money as we live and work here but are both foreigners....BUT I think, as you've posted, most do it in GZ

Most people file stateside - the USCIS processing occurs at one of the service centers, as shown on the VJ timelines. Once the USCIS processing is complete, it is transferred to the NVC (National Visa Center). The times to this point are NOT comparable to your DCF filing.

From there, it goes to Guangzhou, where the P3, P4, and interview processing is the same as for your DCF filiing. These times should be comparable.

Most people file stateside - the USCIS processing occurs at one of the service centers, as shown on the VJ timelines. Once the USCIS processing is complete, it is transferred to the NVC (National Visa Center). The times to this point are NOT comparable to your DCF filing.

From there, it goes to Guangzhou, where the P3, P4, and interview processing is the same as for your DCF filiing. These times should be comparable.

Correct, The VJ timelines do provide a DCF filter to show just cases filed in China and not stateside, however setting the DCF filter removes P3 and P4 dates from the table. P4 and Interview dates are similar, however there will be some difference for P3 DCF vs P3 NVC.

Actually there is a bug in those timelines. When you fill it out it out for DCF it defaults to the Texas Service Center even though you don't use a service center for DCF. (Actually not sure what Texas does as 99+% of the I-130 petitions filed in the States go through Vermont or California). So if you filter to Texas most if not all are DCF.

• Like 1