Welcome to a New Member

I got this PM a little while ago from a new member

Sent Today, 10:42 AM

Hi Randy, I am a newbie here, although i am not Chinese but i got
married here in Shanghai. Husband is in the US, he called the NVC yesterday and just got our case completed. Yey....

Hope u guys have a good night...

Welcome to CFL.
I hope we hear more from you. I'm guessing you are Filipina?
Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Everyone,

I hope you guys could share your infos regarding the CR-1 interview and the docs. Yesterday after 2 checklists of our marriage certificate we actually made it to close the case, that was what the operator said. It was all the same notarization, but i think the first one wasn't clear because it was scanned black and white. We are doing EP.

Will they send us an email regarding the closed case? And how long do u think it will take after yesterday's call? They said to now forward it to Guangzhou Consulate, what is the timeframe of the interview schedule? Hope you guys won't hesitate to share your knowledge, Thank you so much!

Mrs. GravesTey

Typically the consulate schedules interview to take place about a month or two after they receive the case from NVC, they will email you the invite info, and instruct you to download the interview packet forms from their website.

Hi guys, thank you for the warm welcome.

I have been performing (rock band) around Japan, China and Europe but stayed longer in China, mainly Shanghai because i saw very good opportunities. I just love it here, especially living in Xintiandi area.

I hope to get the schedule sooner. Will keep you guys posted for updates

Mrs. GravesTey

Edited by MRS. GRAVESTEY (see edit history)

IN CASE U GUYS WONDER, HERE IS OUR STORY:

My husband and I began our relationship in 2005. At that time, both husband and I were living and working in Shanghai China. Our relationship continued through 2007, at which point we became engaged and filed the K-1 Petition. The K-1 Petition was approved in 2008 and I came to the United States. During the 3 month visa, his parents asked us if we would wait 1 year to plan a wedding. We obliged their request and i departed the United States prior to the expiration of my visa.

From 2008 to 2009, husband and I attempted to plan a wedding at my native country, Philippines. However, his family did not honor their promise to support our plans and our marriage. Both badly hurt, we spent time apart from 2010 to early 2011, but always remained in contact. We began our relationship again in 2011 with a commitment to marry. In July 2012, he went to China and we were married at the Shanghai Civil Affairs Bureau Marriage Registrar.

We had a very unforgetful history but that experience give us now our relationship foundation stronger than ever.

Mrs. GravesTey

Edited by MRS. GRAVESTEY (see edit history)

Hi Zhou Zhou, thank you for the welcome.

No, i am sorry, i believe i didnt work with them. I play with real musicians and artists that specializes like Led Zeplin, Iron Maiden and such. My rhythm section are all guys, all older than me and they are the ''fathers of rock n' roll'' in the Philippines. After our europe concert trip to Germany last year sponsored by Thyssenkrupp and Skoda, we were supposed to tour the U.S but it wasn't as easy as we thought getting in but still hopeful.

Yes welcome.

I was going to say I bet your in a band. This has been very popular for years to have rock bands form the Phillippines in China. I have some pictures from 2000-2002. Yes good opportunity for you.

Well hope your journey goes well.

UPDATE FROM MY CASE STATUS

I got my interview scheduled for next month through EP. I am confused, is the P4 / ds-1200 only an APPOINTMENT LETTER and no forms to fill out? Do i need to print all the prior electronic forms that we sent to NVC? Or what should i print? Please also share with me guys what docs to bring to the interview for CR-1. Thank u in advance...

Hi Zhou Zhou, thank you for the welcome.

No, i am sorry, i believe i didnt work with them. I play with real musicians and artists that specializes like Led Zeplin, Iron Maiden and such. My rhythm section are all guys, all older than me and they are the ''fathers of rock n' roll'' in the Philippines. After our europe concert trip to Germany last year sponsored by Thyssenkrupp and Skoda, we were supposed to tour the U.S but it wasn't as easy as we thought getting in but still hopeful.

Welcome to the internet's one and only Day, and Nightclub....drum roll, please...Club Candle

Lot's of good music over in Mick's "Favorite bands" thread, although it's maily from YouTube and you may not be able to access many of the bands we have playing each day...sorrybout that, ma'am

Pull up a chair, drinks n' steaks are on me, and enjoy your visa journey. Dapper Dan or one of the club regulars will have your answers.

Best wishes on a successful audition in Guangzhou.

tsap seui

Probably not many here's favorite music by any means, but I used to travel the states in a 7 piece nightclub band playing Disco Music back in the 70's. We played music from Earth, Wind, and Fire....Average White Band...Cool and the Gang...Gino Vanelli ...anything with a ton of funk to get the people on their feet dancing, sweating, and buying lots of drinks for the club owner. My motorcycle buddies had thought I'd gone gay or something when I cut off my long hair and got a perm....but playing disco music everynight and traveling the country was this bass players dream gig. :victory:

We've got another musician who is currently playing gigs...named Charles. Maybe he will chime in and you'll tell us about your very interesting life as a musician.

Tsap Seui:

CLUB CANDLE is actually a pretty good name, haha...I think the party is about to kick off...preparing for my best audition in Guangzhou, i hope i will impress them...haha

Tsap Seui, would u mind explaining me about P4? Is it only the appointment letter? No forms to fill out? And also please share to me what docs you guys prepared for this? Thank you...

haha