Just wanted to give an update on my application.

I DCF'ed on 11/09/2012.

Sent back the forms on 12/05/2012.

Received the interview letter 01/27/2013.

And we are now preparing for the interview.

I been working and living with my wife.

I am wondering if the officer will asks for evidences that we live together in China or why do we plan to go back to USA?

We have bank statements to the same mail address.

We have pictures of our trips, wedding dinner, and with friends. However, we have no pictures of us at home.

What evidence can we provide to show that we live together

And what could I show to prove that we plan to go back to the states to live?

I have a letter from an employer that said they would hire me as long as I am back before June, 2013.

Or they probably won't ask these questions?

The fact that you applied for a visa pretty much proves you want to go back to the states. I would be more concerned about income. I'm sure a letter with a job offer would help but I don't think it will satisfy their requirement that you can support your wife at 125% of the federal poverty guidelines. If you don't have sufficient assets or income you will need a co-sponsor.

Thanks, I got a co-sponsor.

Forgot to include that information in the original post.

I got the more important items taken care of notarized translations, cosponsor, etc.

Then I started to worry about things like, how to show that we live together, Country of Domicile etc.

What can I use as evidence for domicile requirement?

I have proof of paying U.S. State taxes, and I got a job offer letter is that going to be enough?

The job is near my father's house, and we will stay at his house.

We do not plan to move to another city.

If I say I am quitting my job in preparation to move back to take the job offer.

Would that be too extreme? I probably need to have notarized translation for the terminated contract, don't I?

Edited by mrk (see edit history)

What can I use as evidence for domicile requirement?

I searched the forum, and read through some older threads.

I have:

1. Credit card bills with USA address
  2. My passport (I visited home a few times)
  3. Job offer letter from a company in the US
  4. Driver License
  5. IRS tax returns transcipt

And I probably need a letter explaining the situation?

That list of Domicile evidence is good, anything showing a home address in the states? DL showing home address, bills, bank accounts etc...

More on Domicile http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/tags/forums/Domicile/

That list of Domicile evidence is good, anything showing a home address in the states? DL showing home address, bills, bank accounts etc...

More on Domicile http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/tags/forums/Domicile/

Thanks!

Any idea on how to show that we live together? We do not have anything other than mails showing the same mailing address.

Can't think of anything that will help, we don't really take pictures at home, but even if we did, I am not sure how the officer will know that we live there together.

I'm not sure (i'm not an expert) but do you both have residence permits/police registration with the same address listed? Apartment lease in both your names? Also, take some pictures of friends/your wife in your home, it certainly won't hurt.

As for domicile in the USA you have a good list:

car ins., car registration, bank statements, credit card/ student loan statements, mutual fund/stock statements, have any animals? vet bills, of course travel to and from the US...

These are just things I've collected for our proof

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

First day is for documents intake, then the second day when she goes in, is she supposed to bring anything?

I remember reading from visajourney that we should keep the documents organized for the interview. But how can we be sure they will be in the same order after we turned it in?

I have a co sponsor for I-864, and I have 3 years of his tax return, but I only have 2 years of my own, should I write a letter to explain why I am missing a year? or is that no important?

Edited by mrk (see edit history)

The person taking in the documents will place them in a standard order, do not worry about that. The order thing has to do with many other consulates where the beneficiary bring the documents into the interview, and not a document intake the day before.

Yes explain why no third year, the consulate has been known to question it.

• Like 1

The person taking in the documents will place them in a standard order, do not worry about that. The order thing has to do with many other consulates where the beneficiary bring the documents into the interview, and not a document intake the day before.

Yes explain why no third year, the consulate has been known to question it.

Thanks dnoblett.

Fast and informative response as always.

I'd like to ask some questions about the document intake, the packet didn't go too indepth about the process.

1. The document intake starts at 12:30pm, is there any reason for us to get there like 10am and wait in line? About how long will it that on that day?
  2. We are turning in our originals that day, including the passports?
  3. Will they give back the documents they took during the interview so my wife can use them for the questions?
  4. Will we get any of the originals back? Aside from the passports?

The interview is getting closer so we are nervous about what could go wrong. :oneeye:

I'd like to ask some questions about the document intake, the packet didn't go too indepth about the process.

1. The document intake starts at 12:30pm, is there any reason for us to get there like 10am and wait in line? About how long will it that on that day?
  2. We are turning in our originals that day, including the passports?
  3. Will they give back the documents they took during the interview so my wife can use them for the questions?
  4. Will we get any of the originals back? Aside from the passports?

The interview is getting closer so we are nervous about what could go wrong. :oneeye:

Bring copies. SHOW them the originals, hand in the copies.

No, nothing, other than the passports, that you turn in is returned.

I will add originals you want to keep are marriage cert and birth cert, the consulate can keep the police cert and medical packet. Most simply get two birth certs from notary office, one to give to consulate, the other to bring to the states for later uses.

If K-1 the consulate can keep the certificate of no marriage, and you should have the DS-3025 seperated from the medical packet to later use in the USA for AOS.