Something is logging me in

Guest ExChinaExpat

Most browsers today can save your ID/Password of web sites.

Check your settings in Chrome to see if this feature is turned on. It could be that Chrome for some reason is logging you back in when you visit CFL after a period of time. If the Admin's can see what time you logged back in you can run a test to check this theory.

Anyone can check this, but it'll show his most recent activity, and not the time he actually logged in. So if he logs out, his name should disappear from the list of 'Online members' immediately. If he's not logged out, it'll take (I think) 30 minutes for it to time him out. It should show up again as soon as he's logged in or otherwise active. So it won't really tell if he was actually able to log in or remaining connected without knowing it.

Guest ExChinaExpat

China picks only the top ranking computer science students to join and continue education at China's special training seminars. There are tens of thousands of young Chinese men and women whose job is to monitor all Internet activity in China. Some search blogs, others run complex algorythms searching for keyword triggers. They have the most sophisticated tools available to them in the world today and they know how to use them.

They are watching activty, and block what they don't like, and investigate things they feel to be subversive to their culture and government. It goes on 24-hours a day, seven days a week. When I first came to China, I was careful about what site I visited, or what I wrote on the Internet. While I have no way to prove that I am being watched, I am certain that I am being watched. It's part of living in China.

Edited by JiangsuExpat (see edit history)

China picks only the top ranking computer science students to join and continue education at China's special training seminars. There are tens of thousands of young Chinese men and women whose job is to monitor all Internet activity in China. Some search blogs, others run complex algorythms searching for keyword triggers. They have the most sophisticated tools available to them in the world today and they know how to use them.

They are watching activty, and block what they don't like, and investigate things they feel to be subversive to their culture and government. It goes on 24-hours a day, seven days a week. When I first came to China, I was careful about what site I visited, or what I wrote on the Internet. While I have no way to prove that I am being watched, I am certain that I am being watched. It's part of living in China.

Not just China but also the USA... and there are a lot fewer people to watch in the USA. It is pretty silly to be subversive online to their culture and government.

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)
Guest ExChinaExpat

Not just China but also the USA... and there are a lot fewer people to watch in the USA.

I disagree. It would be an unverifiable conspiracy theory to suggest the American government is monitoring all Internet activity. They just don't have the manpower to do it. Further, it is prohibited by the US Constitution.

China on the other hand monitors everything, they block, they read, and can open anything according to their law.

Better bone up on the Patriot Act and the pretty unlimited powers of online surveillance it gives the USA government (and studies prove the govt is using them). (the link is not an exhaustive study, just an example) Every bit of online info (not to mention telephone calls etc.) is available to any law enforcement agency in the USA if they want it, same as China and other countries. So if you are online then don't expect much privacy, maybe hope you fall through the cracks. ;)

Not just China but also the USA... and there are a lot fewer people to watch in the USA.

I disagree. It would be an unverifiable conspiracy theory to suggest the American government is monitoring all Internet activity. They just don't have the manpower to do it. Further, it is prohibited by the US Constitution.

China on the other hand monitors everything, they block, they read, and can open anything according to their law.

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)
Guest ExChinaExpat

You are comparing something in the US with China. For the past five years I have been working for a company that provides the software to support the great wall of China.

Any law enforcement official in China who wants to read your email or monitor your activity can do so. There are litterally tens of thousands of young men and women who are doing that right at this very moment. By US law, no one can monitor any telephone or electronic communication of a US citizen without a warrant. The patriot act has nothing to do with the major differences between China and the US. The two simply cannot be compared.

Better bone up on the Patriot Act and the pretty unlimited powers of online surveillance it gives the USA government (and studies prove the govt is using them). (the link is not an exhaustive study, just an example) Every bit of online info (not to mention telephone calls etc.) is available to any law enforcement agency in the USA if they want it, same as China and other countries. So if you are online then don't expect much privacy, maybe hope you fall through the cracks. ;)

Not to turn this into a "China is more intrusive" debate but the Patriot Act allows the USA to be just as intrusive. That's all I'm saying.

1.) The government’s power under Patriot Section 215 to obtain secret
court orders for “any tangible thing”—including Internet, phone and
business records—that the government believes is relevant to a terrorism
investigation.

2.) The government’s power to use non-specific “roving” wiretaps to
monitor any phone number, e-mail account, or other communications
facility that the government believes is being used by its target.

3.) The “lone wolf” wiretapping power, which allows the government it
to monitor individuals who have no connection to any foreign power or
terrorist group.

Did you find anything about your login issue?

Guest ExChinaExpat

I don't want to turn this into a debate about who is monitoring and who is not. Obviously you are not familar with the far reaching arm of China when it comes to communication. Also, not familiar with how people simply disappear when they piss off the wrong folks in China.

As far as resolving the login issue, yes, it's been resolved. I am not going to post here what I did to resolve it. Let's just say I've taken steps to prevent it from happening again.

• Like 1

I don't want to turn this into a debate about who is monitoring and who is not. Obviously you are not familar with the far reaching arm of China when it comes to communication. Also, not familiar with how people simply disappear when they piss off the wrong folks in China.

As far as resolving the login issue, yes, it's been resolved. I am not going to post here what I did to resolve it. Let's just say I've taken steps to prevent it from happening again.

LOL !

good job.

just remember for every counter measure there is a counter-countermeasure!

:)

• Like 1

I’ll never forget this Chinese girl I once dated. She was very cute and reserved and always was showering me with gifts that had been given to her father. Her father (he was a big shot in China) sent his 2 daughters here in the US to study and then instructed them to stay here for reasons known. He was a go between the government owned factories and the US buyers. When he traveled back and forth from China to the US he usually came with a big entourage of people. :gleam:

One person who made the itinerary, one who made the food happened, one who took care of the clothes and baggage, one took care of meetings with dignitaries, etc, etc. :bounce8:

There was also this one guy who was in charge of watching all the other people. :draw: . I think you get the picture.

p.s. one of my prized gifts was a gold plated key to a city in Canada!

LOL !

good job.

just remember for every counter measure there is a counter-countermeasure!

:)

You know I uploaded an update on my iphone over there once. I had nothing but trouble until the next update.

In the hotel I had nothing I was aware of happen, but later at the wife's place I noticed some things were not right and it is hard to put your finger on. I want to say I had the log in thing happen or something similar. So I go there now and I plug in, do what I need, then unplug. She got wireless now but it is about useless with the thick concrete walls in their houses.

Kind of hard to do business VPN if you have to worry about what is on th ecomputer, thus, take a clean computer.

The wife wanted to see certain banned websites, which I actually got open one trip.

Boy, I can only imagine if I lived in Chiner and George Orwell's big Chinese brother wuz readin' my stuff....they'd probably turn me over to George Orwell's big American brother as a peace offering....lol....or maybe they'd give me a fake gold plated key to Fushun City. Whattcha think? :eyebrow:

tsap seui

As we talked about on the phone, I am aware of online monitoring and you know people disappear in countries all over the world including the USA.

Great that you worked out a resolution to your issue. Talk to you soon.