Recommended phonecard with log?

• 4 weeks later...

As far as the Free Call Planet (sorry, tasp seui), that service was terrible. Mind, tsap seui seems to have had no problem with it at all, so the issue might be that their local number is in California and I am in New York. In any event, we got constantly cut off, the signal was unclear, often she couldn't hear me at all, other times the call wouldn't connect, and most frustrating was when we both sounded like drowning robots. Horrible service. But that shouldn't stop anyone from trying it out, it might have just been an issue on my side. $9.95 a month for 1000 minutes is the lowest package.

Jonathan,

Just signed up for the free trial. First call: 13 minutes, very clear signal, then suddenly got cut off. That is forgiveable for now. I'll try this out longer and come back and report.

More people should be aware of the need for calling plans that provide actual logs, such as this one does, and I didn't find any other discussions on this topic.

Edited by Invictus (see edit history)

If the log section didn't work, or if I had had the problems, in the 5 or 6 years we've used FreeCall Planet, that you describe I would never have told you about that service. I sent you a PM in answer to where you make copies of the call log, but never heard back. My answer was to just hit print up on your toolbar. It made hundreds of copies for my wife to take to her 2nd interview.

Sorry it didn't work for you, again, I'd never have mentioned them to you if it had been problematic. Good luck with the other services you try out. And good luck with the rest of the visa process.

tsap seui

No prob, tsap! It's not like it's your fault! I thought I had responded to the private message. Yes, I did print out the whole page, no problem there. Like I said, other people should still try this service. I think calling from my cell to California might have just been a bad connection. It's good that we have this thread to exchange these tips, so thanks again.

Edited by Invictus (see edit history)

Yeah, it's a shame it didn't work for ya. I live about 3 1/2 or so hours from NYC out in the sticks and the towers we use out here with Verizon service give us clear and good service. I was talking 3 sometimes more hours a day to my girlfriend using their $24.95 plan for 5,000 minutes. Over ran my allotted minutes a few times...lol...that was the worst problem I had, and customer service fixed that for me by explaining I could put a small deposit (I think $15) on my plan which would carry over each month. Victoria, the customer service girl laughed at me once and said she wished her boyfriend talked to her as much as I talked to my girlfriend. Now, my wife is on the $9.95 plan with 1,000 minutes to talk to her friends and family. She would pop a cap in my butt if she had the problems you had.....lol

You're doing the smart thing, just shop around, you'll find what fits you best.

tsap seui

Yeah, it's a shame it didn't work for ya. I live about 3 1/2 or so hours from NYC out in the sticks and the towers we use out here with Verizon service give us clear and good service.

I too noticed when I go to work, out by JFK airport, I tended to get better signal. When I called from closer to the city where I live, the connection was never good. Must be nice to live out there instead of the antpile that is NYC. I'll be doing the same myself one day.