Recommended phonecard with log?

I am looking for recommendations for a phonecard that provides printable logs of calls, both date and duration.

So far I have found Rebtel and Peanuts-LD, does anyone have experience with either?

I have been using Skype since 2005, the website does provide a log of all calls to land line and mobile numbers. Now my wife uses the account to call China fairly often at .023 per min.

Skype works on computers, and many WIFI enabled devices such as iPod touch, iPhone, and droid phones.

We have it loaded on our iPhones, laptop, and iPad.

You also can set up a number that looks like it is in Hong Kong that friends in China can call that will ring your skype enabled phone or PC, they would have to pay rate to call a number in Hong Kong.

Or if friends in China have Skype installed on a compatible computer or device, they can call your Skype device and the call is free, not sure if logging is kept of Skype to Skype calls though.

http://beta.skype.com/en/

No experience with the two you mentioned....

We used, and now my wife uses FreeCallPlanet to call China. Excellent highly detailed phone records. $10 per month for 1,000 minutes or $25 for 5,000 minutes. You call a number in California and then enter your lady's number. I had unlimited minutes on my phone and used the $25 dolllar plan since we talked so much that we'd burn through 1,000 minutes in just under a week. Now my wife uses the $10 plan to call family and friends.

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Dan, that is what I call a power user. Unfortunately the Skype app has been problematic for me on my Android phone, plus I'd have to depend on the wi-fi connection for call quality. Being that I usually call on the go during my morning commute, it is not a reliable solution. I did use it extensively before when I'd call China during my evenings, their morning.

tsap seui, that card sounds excellent, this in particular:

We give you 10 US phone numbers that you can program to automatically call numbers internationally. Once you set them up, you just need to dial the US number and it automatically rings the number overseas.

No more "enter your pin number"! Think I'll go with this one, thanks.
Edited by Invictus (see edit history)

Glad you looked into it and found it fits what you need. Someone from Candle turned me onto it back in 2007. At our second interview I had over 100 pages from FreeCallPlanet phone logs....we darn near used up all 5,000 minutes each month and it produced 3-5 pages per month....lol

Like Dan, many folks use SKYPE and I'm certain it's good too.

You've got a great case to present to USCIS and the State Department, your lady should be fine at her interview.

tsap seui

tsap seui, that's nearly three hours per day! hehe Thank you for the encouragement, every bit helps.

lol....yep, I called her in her mornings and evenings. Looking back it is amazing that we could talk so much each day but that's what we did everyday (in between trips to see her) for 4 years after they denied her in 2007.

We all go through stress with our applications and interviews. I am only paying ahead for the encouragement I was given in 2007, and the following years up until we went for our 2011 interview.

I do think you have a strong case from the little I've read. If you clearly and in detail show them the evolution of your relationship as it progressed in it's different stages, have a good financial (be it through your own work or with a co-sponsor), and I'm sure you have the other T's crossed and i's dotted, then she should be fine in Guangzhou.

Just get everything you can in up front. The chances of getting the State Department to look at more, or new, evidence after you file is gonna be slim.

Good luck

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

When we got back from China I got ITALKBB, it is our home phone and allows my wife to call her friends and family in China They also give you a Chinese number that can be called from a mainland cell phone and rings in our house. It is about $25 a month for unlimited calls. You can get a list of calls online. While Skype is a great solution, her father does not have a computer so the fact my wife can talk to her father anytime either wants is worth the $25 to me.

tsap seui, that's nearly three hours per day! hehe Thank you for the encouragement, every bit helps.

lol....yep, I called her in her mornings and evenings. Looking back it is amazing that we could talk so much each day but that's what we did everyday (in between trips to see her) for 4 years after they denied her in 2007.

We all go through stress with our applications and interviews. I am only paying ahead for the encouragement I was given in 2007, and the following years up until we went for our 2011 interview.

I do think you have a strong case from the little I've read. If you clearly and in detail show them the evolution of your relationship as it progressed in it's different stages, have a good financial (be it through your own work or with a co-sponsor), and I'm sure you have the other T's crossed and i's dotted, then she should be fine in Guangzhou.

Just get everything you can in up front. The chances of getting the State Department to look at more, or new, evidence after you file is gonna be slim.

Good luck

tsap seui

Tsapper, I just have to say, you're a good man, and always encouraging, in addition to of course giving a kick in the ole behind when necessary.

Great advice, and an important approach to take in this ever stressful time.

Bottoms up.

Thanks for that Dan. I enjoy seeing folks be successful and getting their visas. My wife has only been herewith me for a year and a half, but I will always remember how it felt putting together an application and the feelings that go through your mind as you wait. I had lots of encouragement from the people on Candle and it's a darn good feeling to pass it on to others.

What you are doing in China now, and what most of us did or are doing as we worked to get our girlfriends and wives over to America is the makings of some great highlights of our lives.

Thanks again

tsa pseui

• Like 1

Thanks for that Dan. I enjoy seeing folks be successful and getting their visas. My wife has only been herewith me for a year and a half, but I will always remember how it felt putting together an application and the feelings that go through your mind as you wait. I had lots of encouragement from the people on Candle and it's a darn good feeling to pass it on to others.

What you are doing in China now, and what most of us did or are doing as we worked to get our girlfriends and wives over to America is the makings of some great highlights of our lives.

Thanks again

tsa pseui

Agreed! :yahoo: :yahoo:

This has taken an inspiring turn. Meanwhile, I got the FreeCallPlan 1000-minute plan last night and used it for the first time today on the way to work. Usually I have to watch where I'm going, use one hand to eat a bagel, and the other to dial a local number, pin, and China number. If the call doesn't go through, I must repeat the whole balancing act. Today, I just pressed a few buttons and was connected! Very nice.

Good deal, I'm sure there is something better out there but I am a technical slug and needed very simple. FreeCallPlanet fit my needs perfectly.

I also bought one of those cheap earphones and lil' rabbit and I would talk for hours no matter if I was in the car or messing around in my apartment...without having to hold my hand up to my ear.

Glad to see your post is helping you feel better. I always said it's good to have some fear about the process, it keeps you on your toes so you don't miss anything.

tsap seui

I also bought one of those cheap earphones and lil' rabbit and I would talk for hours no matter if I was in the car or messing around in my apartment...without having to hold my hand up to my ear.

I need those too, my arm gets tired walking to the train in the morning. It has to be one of those that has its own mic on the chord, though. Or heck, might as well go for a headset.

I'm starting to feel like some kind of K1 superhero. Now if I could just flick my arm out and the phone extends from beneath my sleeve attached to a metallic contraption, complete with movie-like "swoosh" sound effect. Better yet, if I could just snap my fingers and she appeared before me... :)

Ah, well. Back to reality. These QQ logs won't sort and print themselves!

Edited by Invictus (see edit history)

I use Xvoice.com to make all my calls to China. It is cheaper and clearer than Skype, and I can use it anywhere, because it does not require WiFI or internet. Basically, I enjoy the complete freedom to talk anytime I want.

Xvoice.com has very clear calls to China. Right now, they have a promo where they are offering 110 Free minutes for you to try their service without any catch.

I call China, the lazy way. I just hit one button on my phone to call a saved local number, don't need to enter in a pin, or dial the international number, and it connects me quick. The nice thing is that not only can you call anytime to China, your honey can call you back anytime too from China with the call back feature.

I love Xvoice.