Interview in 2 days, last minute check list

Hello Everyone,

My wife's interview is coming up in two days and although I am pretty confident about the completeness of the required documents, I just want to double check.

Again, this is an awesome forum and you guys have been so helpful. Thanks again.

Just a little background info:

-Been working in China since 2008.

-Got married (registered in China) in 2010.

-Brought my wife back to the U.S. with me for our wedding.

-Started the DCF process in Oct. 2012

-Scheduled her Immigration IR1 visa interview for Jan. 22nd

And here's my checklist:

1. Appointment Letter

2. Beneficiary passport bio page

3. U.S. Visa Photos x6

4. Nortarized birth certificate

5. Nortarized marriage certificate

6. Nortarized police records

7. Evidence of financial Support (I-864 form)

I-864 from me

A letter explaining why I did not file for tax return

8. I-864 from my dad (joint sponsor)

I-864A from my mom

Tax returns from my parents (W2 and 1080)

Proof of employment from employer

Mom and dad's passport bio-page

9. Proof of domcile

U.S. Credit card statements

U.S. driver's license

Student loan statement

U.S. Bank statements (with both my name and my wife's name)

10. 50 photos of us, with family and friends (from 2008 - 2012)

11. Our plane tickets for the U.S. trip in 2012

12. Medical exmination packet (sealed envelope) and x-ray film

THAT"S IT!

Questions:

1. I read somewhere that at the document intake, you'll have to bring the ORIGINAL DS-230 and sign it there? Well the thing is, we sent in the original DS-230 (without the signature) as instructed (Packet 3). So I'm a bit confused about this.

2. So during document intake, they take what they need and tell you if you are missing anything. And then the next day, you come in and wait for your interview. BEFORE your interview, they give you BACK your documents? How will you 'hand over' what the VO asks for during the interview. (Sorry if this is a stupid question).

3. Document intake is shceduled at 12:30, would it be okay to arrive 2-3 hrs before?

4. I don't see a time for her interview with the VO; should she arrive really early just so she can get in front of the line? (I'll have to catch a flight in the late afternoon).

I'm sorry for all these questions, I just want to know what the proecedures are so I don't freak out if she's late or something. I'll be in GZ with her the whole time. The next two days are gonna be the longest days of my life!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1. I would have a second DS-230 filled out and ready just in case.

2. They take all docs day before except the photo album, the interviewer will return originals. Best to request back at conclution of interview.

3. You can arrive early but will them be standing around in the lobby.

4. Arrive interview day at 7am all interviews are done before noon anyway so should have no issue catching a late afternoon flight.

Looks like you've got a complete list.

Going 2-3 hours early to stand in line for a quicker appointment with the squirrel in a cage? Hmmmm, it doesn't work that way. No matter where you are in the line they are going to firstly interview the women with baby's and the old people. You're place in line isn't going to influence anything (that my wife and I could see).

We actually went late both days. Guangzhou is one hot muggy nasty stinky place, even at 7am, and it was our second time standing in line for a lucky ducky drawing ot see if she got a visa, so we didn't choose to stand in a hot miserable line for hours, when the number sequence given to you has no logic that we could tell...or as my wife said when I just asked her about your question..."Number crazy, no needa stand in line many hours".

If you want to be sure of getting an early interview....have your wife take a baby along to hold up to the guys giving out the numbers. :rotfl:By the way, from way back in the line, my wife's interview was around 10am. She saw some women from the front of the line still sitting in their chairs when she walked up to the squirrel's cage.

Seriously, getting there early, works best for your piece of mind so you may want to do that. The thing we learned about dealing with the State Department is everything is about luck, logic doesn't have a place or a meaning in their scheme of things.

You are a DCF filing, you've got your bases covered....your wife will get her visa.

The thing that struck me most about what you wrote up above.....you got to take your then girlfriend to America for the wedding???? WOW Even if she was already your wife in the State Department's view, that is the craziest thing I have ever read on Candle....bar none.

Your wife will do fine at the interview....the plane you have to catch will be more of an unknown than the outcome of your wife's interview. :)

tsap seui

Tsap, I beleve they visited the USA after marriage and did a wedding party for family. Spouse probably had visited before on B2 and had a valid one prior and after marriage. Kyle did the same with his wife.

Tsap, I beleve they visited the USA after marriage and did a wedding party for family. Spouse probably had visited before on B2 and had a valid one prior and after marriage. Kyle did the same with his wife.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kyle's wife having the freedom to travel too. Some people are lucky beyond what they'll ever know....lol

• 2 weeks later...