China custom clearance

Hi all

Just wondering how long it would take to clear custom in china. We've sent a parcel with the original docs to the in laws for their upcoming interview. It was being processied by the custom since the 12th of this month. I sent expresses with USPS. They should have gotten on 14th Monday. If for some reason it got held up. We have to resend the docs. Now. We ve already sent the original copy of our marriage certificate and my wife s birth certificates in the previous parcel. Luckily we kept copies of them but not the original. Do u think that Guangzhou embassy consulate will accept that if they don't get the original Please share your similar experience. Thank you. If we know that sending a gift along with the original docs would be held up at custom we would nt have sent the gift. Just the docs only.

Uh, no! Two day guarantee doesn't apply. They should get it in about a week, up to three weeks for regular mail.

Best way to send it is via EMS, an international mail consortium (including China). It is known in the U.S. as Express Mail international, and is trackable door-to-door. Count on a week for this, also.

Fed-Ex, UPS, and/or DHL can also provide good service to some cities.

So , it turned out that Suzhou custom has the parcel and they sent out a notice to the recipient, my father in-law yesterday and He has to go to the post office at Suzhou and go with the employee to the custom there to claim the package. According to the new regulations of the china custom, any product or package that is worth more than 400 yuan (chinese currency) will be suject to china custom inspection and a duty will be determined. I wrote down 80 dollars for the gift I included in the package, and it was therefore handed over to the closest custom to the recipents home address. lesson learned

So , it turned out that Suzhou custom has the parcel and they sent out a notice to the recipient, my father in-law yesterday and He has to go to the post office at Suzhou and go with the employee to the custom there to claim the package. According to the new regulations of the china custom, any product or package that is worth more than 400 yuan (chinese currency) will be suject to china custom inspection and a duty will be determined. I wrote down 80 dollars for the gift I included in the package, and it was therefore handed over to the closest custom to the recipents home address. lesson learned

Hey man, thanks for posting that tidbit about 400 yuan on packages sent to China. Last week we sent a bunch of clothes (as gifts) that my wife had bought for like $2 yet had the $80 and $60 price tags on them. Anyhow, we put a worth of $55 on the box, just under the 400 yuan. We will keep everything under their limit.

We just sent our box through USPS for $66 and the post office clerk surprised me when she said it was insured got $95...okay, whatever, we'll accept that...lol

tsap seui