Bringing X-ray result to the interview?

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I just want to thank everyone for providing detailed information/tips/experience regarding their immigration process.

The information really helped me out a lot in the beginning.

Secondly, I'm sorry if this topic is in the wrong location.

Here's a quick rundown of our application status so far.

-Starting the DCF process in early Oct. 2012 in Beijing

-Received interview confirmation in mid Dec. 2012

-Interview date 22nd of Jan. 2013

When we went to pick up the medical exam at the Shanghai International Travel Healthcare Center, they gave us a large, sealed envelope with her chest x-ray film, a sealed white envelope, and then another booklet with a summary of her medical checkup.

The nurse said we'll have to bring along the huge x-ray film to Guangzhou just in-case they ask for it, do we really need to bring it with us?

Thanks again for your input!

Kind Regards,

Ming

No - the x-rays are almost never useful for immigration purposes - it's up to you and your comfort factor whether you want to lug those around. I don't think they ask to see it, but I'm sure others will weigh in if they've been asked. Same story at the POE when she comes to the states.

Where they are useful is as a baseline for possible future medical treatment.

I have yet to hear of a post where consulate requested the x-ray at interview, the doctor at medical testing uses it to look for signs of TB and notes this on report, the consulate just needs to see the medical report.

If there is a notation about medical condition noted is best to have the x-ray in your carry on when traveling into the USA, it is rare for the POE to request to see it but has been reported in the forums before.

In our case consulate and POE did not need it, we did have in carry on bag, and it is in a tube in a closet. We did not take it to interview left it back in hotel room.