B-2 Visa for Parents

Can anyone tell me the name of the gentleman who owns the apartment near the Guanzhou Embassy that helped my wife for K1 Visa? We are preparing for Visa for my wife's parents (B2) to visit us in the U.S. and wanted his advice or atleast a place for my wife's parents to stay in Guanzhou. Thank you all. Really dont know where to start. Have list of things for Inviter and Invitee, but just don't know where to send or even how to start. Her parents have their passports as of last month.

Can anyone tell me the name of the gentleman who owns the apartment near the Guanzhou Embassy that helped my wife for K1 Visa? We are preparing for Visa for my wife's parents (B2) to visit us in the U.S. and wanted his advice or atleast a place for my wife's parents to stay in Guanzhou. Thank you all. Really dont know where to start. Have list of things for Inviter and Invitee, but just don't know where to send or even how to start. Her parents have their passports as of last month.

Pinned at the top of the GUZ Info sub forum in P3 ~ Interview forum.

The Yangs Thread: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41830-rooms-for-rent-in-tianyu-building-us-consulate-complex/page__view__findpost__p__556759 (Start at the last pages for best contact info.)

Thank you as always Dan. Just a bit confused on the process and need to re-learn all of which goes into a B2. The Yangs may atleast provide an affordable place to stay for the process and give comfort to my in-laws. Thank you again as always.

Here is where we are:

My wife passed her Citizenship interview and we are just awaiting a date for Oath Ceremony. We want my wife's parents to visit us for a month in the U.S. Her parents just recently obtained their Passports to start the process of visiting us for a month via B-2 Visa. My info is as follows with questions:

Here is the list of things that needs to be completed.

List (Ŀ¼)

PART I - INVITEE (µÚÒ»²¿·Ö) (±»ÑûÇëÈË)

1.Passport (»¤ÕÕ, Ô­¼þ) NO PROBLEM

2,3. DS-160 Form, http://guangzhou.use...tion-form2.html I WILL DO AND FORWARD OR PRINT OUT AND MAIL TO PARENTS?????? HOW DOES THIS GET TO PARENTS??????

4. Receipt of Visa Application Fee (ÖÐÐÅÒøÐеÄÇ©Ö¤·ÑÊÕ¾Ý, Ô­¼þ) NO PROBLEM

5. Resident Booklet (»¤¿Ú±¾) NO PROBLEM

6. National Identification Cards (Éí·ÝÖ¤) NO PROBLEM

7. Evidences of Properties¡¯ ownership (·¿²úÖ¤Ã÷) NO PROBLEM

8. Evidences of Bank Saving (ÒøÐдæ¿îÖ¤Ã÷) NO PROBLEM

9. Retiree¡¯s card and Certificate of pension (ÍËÐÝÖ¤ºÍÍËÐݽðÖ¤Ã÷) NO PROBLEM

10. Verification of Son¡¯s Employment NOT APPLICABLE. JUST MOM & DAD VISITING.

(¶ù×ӵŤ×÷Ö¤Ã÷)

11. Copies of National ID of Son (¶ù×ÓÉí·ÝÖ¤¸´Ó¡¼þ) NOT APPICABLE

12. Family Photos (¼ÒÍ¥ÕÕƬ) WITH US ALL IN CHINA BEFORE MARRIAGE?????

13. Letter of Dad¡¯s Employment(°Ö°Ö¹«Ë¾µÄ¾­¼ÃºÍ¹ÍÓÃÖ¤Ã÷ÐÅ) RETIRED: N/A

2. PART II ( µÚ¶þ²¿·Ö ) - INVITER ( ÑûÇëÈË )

1. Invitation Letter (English & Chinese) (ÑûÇ뺯ÖÐÓ¢Îĸ÷Ò»·Ý) NO PROBLEM

2. Affidavit of Support I-134 Form (¾­¼Ãµ£±£Ö¤Ã÷ I-134±í) IS THIS REALLY NEEDED???? THIS HAS ME THE MOST CONFUSED????

(I-94 is carried by non-immigrants, and is discarded once having a green-card, in place of I-94 perhaps a copy of green-card) WHAT DO WE PROVIDE??????

4. Copy of Income Tax Return 2003 (2003Äê¸öÈËÊÕÈëÄÉË°±í¸´Ó¡¼þ) NO PROBLEM. ASSUME LAST YEAR'S?????

5. Copies of Ella & Tine¡¯s passport (Å®¶ùºÍÅ®ÐöµÄ»¤ÕÕ¸´Ó¡¼þ) SOON TO BE U.S PASSPORT I ASSUME???????

6. Copy of Ella¡¯s Visa (Å®¶ùµ½ÃÀ¹úµÄÇ©Ö¤¸´Ó¡¼þ) I BELIEVE SHE WILL STILL HAVE AFTER BECOMING U.S. CITIZEN??????

7. Copies of Daughter & Granddaughter¡¯s Green Card, SSN (Å®¶ùºÍÍâËïÅ®µÄÂÌ¿¨¡¢Éç°²ºÅ¸´Ó¡¼þ) NO GRAND DAUGHTER> GREEN CARD TAKEN AFTER OATH. SS CARD ONLY????

8. Copy of Driver License: Son-In-Law and Daughter (Å®ÐöºÍÅ®¶ùµÄ¼ÝÕÕ¸´Ó¡¼þ) NO PROBLEM FOR US BOTH

9. Copy of Marriage License (½á»éÖ¤¸´Ó¡¼þ) NO PROBLEM

10.Letter of Tine¡¯s Employment (Tine¹«Ë¾µÄ¾­¼ÃºÍ¹ÍÓÃÖ¤Ã÷ÐÅ) LETTER FROM WIFE'S EMPLOYER??????

11.Photos (¼ÒÍ¥ÕÕƬ) OF OUR MARRIAGE AND VISIT W PARENTS IN CHINA??????

12.Notarial Certificate of relationship (ֱϵÇ×Êô¹Øϵ¹«Ö¤Êé) WHAT IS THIS???????

13.Letter for VO. (Ó¢ÎÄÐź¯Ò»·Ý¸øÇ©Ö¤¹Ù) NO PROBLEM

Thank you all. Sorry if posted in wrong topic or lengthy.

2,3 New online process.. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa-application-form2.html (You can fill it out for them, and send them the information)

12 Sure, and or other family photos

2 I-134 is recommended and helps show where support and where will stay when in the USA, this form has a section where you can indicate support is in the form of your residence.

5 US Passport

6 N/A for a new US Citizen, and N/A if no longer have prior Chinese passport after a renewal.

7 US Passports or Naturalization certs

10 Employer letter for person providing I-134 (goes to show income for support)

12 (Foreign Birth cert showing parent's name as well as your spouse's name) That white book you needed for her spouse or K-1 visa. (Photo copy is fine)

Attach to I-134 yours And/Or your spouses evience of residency status, (BIO Page of US Passport, photo-copy of Naturalization cert, copy of US Birth cert, etc...)

Forgive me Dan. Where to send all when done:

To: American Counsulate General
Physical Address

5th Floor
Tian Yu Garden (II phase)
136-146 Lin He Zhong Lu,
Tian He District, Guangzhou

Mailing Address

U.S. Consulate General
1 Shamian South Street
Guangzhou 510133
China

Forgive me Dan. Where to send all when done:

To: American Counsulate General

Physical Address

5th Floor

Tian Yu Garden (II phase)

136-146 Lin He Zhong Lu,

Tian He District, Guangzhou

Mailing Address

U.S. Consulate General

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou 510133

China

I believe nothing is sent to the consulate for a visitor's B-2 visa, the interview takes place at the nearest consulate, the paperwork is brought to interview. The interview is scheduled over the phone.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/niv-application-procedures.html

I think your link isnt working? My wife's parents live in Kaifeng, Henan Province which is closer to Beijing than Guanzhou? So the DS-160, when electronically submitted starts the process (it asks for Beijing or Guanzhou). I will do I-134 but it requires letters from bank and employer which is difficult for me since my work has me traveling often. Is this REALLY needed? Instructions with I-134 are quite poor and not sure how to answer question 8, 9, 10 and 11. Oath at bottom...as amended___________? What goes there? This is so important to my wife but I'm just lost starting this paperwork nightmare again.

I think your link isnt working? My wife's parents live in Kaifeng, Henan Province which is closer to Beijing than Guanzhou? So the DS-160, when electronically submitted starts the process (it asks for Beijing or Guanzhou). I will do I-134 but it requires letters from bank and employer which is difficult for me since my work has me traveling often. Is this REALLY needed? Instructions with I-134 are quite poor and not sure how to answer question 8, 9, 10 and 11. Oath at bottom...as amended___________? What goes there? This is so important to my wife but I'm just lost starting this paperwork nightmare again.

Note all consulates in China handle Non Immigrant Visas, so is also posible to use Shanghai consulate which is also close to that province.

As for I-134, I would simply attach a copy of last year's tax transcript to it.

8 would be your spouse and children.

9 would be your spouse and and other immigrant such as step children. especially if still holding green-cards.

10 would again be spouse and / or step children. It does not indicate if they mean "pending" petitions, so is up to you to indicate any past petitions.

11 is as simple as indicating they will be spending their stay at your place.

• 1 month later...

are they kidding? i cant believe they need all this info for a B2? has anyone else done this before? Feed back is most welcome:

Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Save’ or ‘Next’ to continue completing your online application form.
  • The question "Have you attended any educational institutions at a...?" has not been answered.

• Employer Name has not been completed.

• Employer Street Address (Line 1) has not been completed.

• City has not been completed.

• State/Province has not been completed.

• Postal Zone/ZIP Code has not been completed.

• Telephone Number has not been completed.

• Job Title has not been completed.

• Supervisor's Surname has not been completed.

• Supervisor's Given Names has not been completed.

• Employment Date From is invalid. Year is required.

• Employment Date To is invalid. Year is required.

• Briefly describe your duties: has not been completed.