NO YOUTUBE IN CHINA! YOUKU PLEASE FOR MUSIC VIDS

Fu Lai

http://www.youku.com/

http://v.youku.com/v...U0OTA0ODQ0.html

(unless someone can instruct me how to access youtube legally and easily from Wuhan)

you can buy a vpn. i get mine for 10rmb each month, and it works great. can get on youtube, twitter, facebook, new york times, etc.

A VPN is the only alternative, unless everyone can remember to provide the text name of the video so that you can find it on Youku yourself. Most members can't read the Chinese on Youku to be able to do anything for you.

With a VPN, you'll find that surfing western sites is MUCH faster, since you won't have to time-out on all the Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter connections.

Don't think they're illegal - a VPN is simply a secure connection with encrypted data. Many sites use VPN's within China - banks and other financial networks, and pay networks, companies whose employees need to work from an outside computer, etc., etc. None of these would work if VPN's were illegal.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

someone can instruct me how to access youtube legally and easily from Wuhan?

BTW, I type in the English name of the song to find it on Youku

Step 1 -

A VPN is the only alternative, unless everyone can remember to provide the text name of the video so that you can find it on Youku yourself. Most members can't read the Chinese on Youku to be able to do anything for you.

With a VPN, you'll find that surfing western sites is MUCH faster, since you won't have to time-out on all the Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter connections.

Don't think they're illegal - a VPN is simply a secure connection with encrypted data. Many sites use VPN's within China - banks and other financial networks, and pay networks, companies whose employees need to work from an outside computer, etc., etc. None of these would work if VPN's were illegal.