How do Chinese men really feel about foreigners marrying Chinese Women

That is why the weakness of the Chinese nation is due to the women. They have base values and do not understand the meaning of honor - of honoring oneself, honoring one"s family, honoring one"s society, and honoring one"s country.With such kind of selfish, self-centred inteest, women dishonor their menfolk, their family, their society and country. They can"t see beyond their nose. They sell themselves out to foreigners and make foreigners superior to their father, their brothers, their uncles, their grandfathers. They do not care about the damage they do. Foreigners regard Chinese women as trash in view of this preference behviour and consider Chinese women as no more than prostitutes .. to be used and then discarded.As I have said many times, we are our own worst enemies, and the source of all our societal problems, in my opinion, stems from the women in out society, especially the mthers. They are not fit to be mothers because they have wrong values which is duie to lack of intelligence which is also aggravated by lack of education and finally wisdom and understanding. Without these, they do not know or know only how to transmit wrong value systems to the children. Solve the mother problem in China and you solve the disease in Chinese society.In other countries, women get killed if they dishonor their family. Marrying a foreigner is one of them. And foreigners use your women as an extension against you, your country and your menfolk. And the bloody women are willing accomplices. Off with their heads, these traitors!

Seems like the real problem is between this person's ears.

Why can't Chinese girls marry foreigners?

You are quoting one person - someone who commented on the article - and not the article itself.

the article itself provides much better reading, even if it is only a fairly superficial essay.

Reasonably speaking, there is no such principle that an ethnic Chinese woman must marry a Chinese man. Women have the right to choose their own partner, which is only related to love but has nothing to do with race or color. If some foreigners agree with Chinese culture and concepts and appreciate the excellent quality of Chinese women, then it is not a problem for both sides to be happy with each other.

The fact that Chinese men are not favored is largely caused by the distorted propaganda by the mainstream media. In their eyes, Chinese men are mostly thin and weak, while the white or black men are extremely strong. This situation reflects the racial discrimination in Western society, but fundamentally speaking, most Chinese men also need to look for reasons in themselves for such problem.

Now we are living in a pluralistic, multi-ethnic society atmosphere, it is necessary to break the innate concepts about marriage in the head and become more open. Since Chinese women can choose man from other races, why cannot Chinese men choose interracial girls?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

You are quoting one person - someone who commented on the article - and not the article itself.

You miss the point. This thread is about the comment I posted from an idiot. This thread is not about the article.

I replied ONLY to point out exactly that.

"... the weakness of the Chinese nation is due to the women... do not understand the meaning of honor... such kind of selfish, self-centred inteest [sIC], women dishonor their menfolk, their family, their society and country... can"t see beyond their nose... sell themselves... Foreigners regard Chinese women as trash... consider Chinese women as no more than prostitutes... source of all our societal problems, in my opinion, stems from the women... They are not fit to be mothers... lack of intelligence... lack of education and finally wisdom and understanding... Solve the mother problem in China and you solve the disease in Chinese society.In other countries, women get killed if they dishonor their family. Marrying a foreigner is one of them... Off with their heads, these traitors!"

Do you think the person saying this is a Chinese man?

Edited by Fu Lai (see edit history)

One refers to fake marriage and the other to love marriage. The first is encouraged by the story of Mulan. Some woman see going abroad to support their parents as their duty regardless of putting aside pride. This is bolstered by the culture of not asking what you don't want to know. Honor is restored by providing for family. A few years ago a woman was convicted of human trafficing in the US. The Mayor and others from her village testified for her as a local hero who had siingle handedly brought prosperity to the village. It is a different culture. This also brings up how good is our government at stopping funds transferred to terrorists in other countries considering the 100s of millions going to China tax free annually. The issue is too complex and concealed for a simple article or thread.

Although it is difficult to generalize about an issue like this, I think there may indeed be an increasing hostility on the part of Chinese men toward relationships between Chinese women and foreigners. I know back as far as 1997-1998, during our first year together living in China, Li experienced much hostility from others, both men and women. One of her supervisors even forbade her from being seen walking on the street with me, a prohibition which she ignored by the way. She was called a traitor, so that response to the article did not surprise me at all. All of this open hostility was the primary reason we moved away from that part of China after the first year, spending the next four years down in Guangdong, where attitudes were far more open.

As the gap between the number of males and females widens, more and more men will find it difficult to find suitable partners and it would not be surprising to see this anti-foreigner hostility increase even more. Chinese culture, strongly influenced by Confucian ethics and a rising nationalism, also has a significant history of xenophobia (much of it justified historically I might add). All of these factors, combined with a shortage of women, makes the situation ripe for this sort of thing. Foriegners living in China and behaving badly adds fuel to the fire.

Equally, however, I think that there may be a geographic element at play as well. Our first year, spent in Anhui Province, was not positive at all. As stated earlier, we experienced repeated negativity from others. When we moved down south, things were totally different. As the future unfolds, I suspect that those parts of China that have frequent contact with foreigners will be more tolerant and open, while the more isolated areas will be more hostile.

• Like 1